the Rift

[OPEN] I'll Die Happy Tonight [open]

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adele & Vera

To Adele's surprise, Coika's expression turned concerned as she explained what she knew about herself. The mare had shown such little emotion throughout the meeting that it almost shocked her to see the fem display such a perturbed attitude pour from her. It seemed Coika actually did have some sense of morals.
Or perhaps she just didn't care about the other things Adele had spoken of. They were both possibilities to be considered.
"It doesn't burn at all?" Coika questioned, genuinely interested in this subject. Adele smiled shyly at the words, ears flicking back nervously as she shook her head. "It's completely harmless," She stated with a flick of her flaming tail.
As if on queue, Vera moved from her hovering position next to Adele's shoulder to land upon the mare's withers. The little dragon crept up her bonded's nape, claws softly digging into her skin for grip as moved through the flames. The pale reptile stopped by Adele's ears, letting her tail hang over the side of the red and blue mare's neck. Her ivory eyes watched Coika advance towards Adele, uncertain about what she thought of the new acquaintance. She seemed distant..or nervous. It was impossible to tell, as well as infuriating for the dragon who must know everything.
'What do you think of her?' Vera questioned through the bond, voice edgy in Adele's mind. 'What is there to think? We barely know her. She seems nice enough,' The mare answered, hardly batting her eyelashes at their conversation, relaying no special actions to hint at the fact they were speaking. They had developed quite a connection, one that required little effort to make unnoticed to the eyes of others.
"You can touch it if you want," Adele smiled, understanding how curious the mare must be. She seemed intrigued by the subject earlier, and it wasn't as if Adele cared about others touching her flames. They had proven to be pretty effortless to care for.
"You poor thing." Coika was now being sympathetic. Adele shrugged at the words, turning her head away from the mare, as if slightly embarrassed. "Oh, we manage," Adele laughed softly, bi-colored eyes wandering across the cave walls. They weren't particularly interesting, but she was too mortified to look at Coika.
"Do you have a home?" The mare questioned, causing Adele's gaze to amble back to Coika. "I - I don't guess so," Adele stuttered, shaking her head slowly. "We're drifters, Vera and I. We roam Helovia and call it home, but we don't always have a place to actually dwell each night or anything," Adele explained, her thoughts suddenly consumed by notions of home. She resided in Helovia; that made it her home...sort of...yet she had no secure place to sleep each night; no area to come to rest her head after a long day. Helovia was seeming more and more like a prison with every thought Adele conjured.
"It seems there's much disarray among these lands," Coika commented. Adele's attentive gaze looked at the mare with a dour expression, the normal bright blue dulled by her own thoughts. "You don't know how right you are."

Messages In This Thread
I'll Die Happy Tonight [open] - by Coika - 03-03-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: I'll Die Happy Tonight [open] - by Adele - 03-03-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: I'll Die Happy Tonight [open] - by Adele - 03-03-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: I'll Die Happy Tonight [open] - by Adele - 03-05-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: I'll Die Happy Tonight [open] - by Coika - 03-03-2014, 04:39 AM
RE: I'll Die Happy Tonight [open] - by Coika - 03-04-2014, 02:35 AM