the Rift

Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
Lotus
Some give their names, many more do not. I sigh, allowing my attention to drift over each individual with mild interest, more often displaying an inclination towards disdain then anything else. I feel the child shift within me, and in turn I shift my own weight. It nudges me, rearranging itself - I feel it place pressure against my bladder, but with a small grinding of my teeth I resist such grotesque urges, swallowing my discomfort. Pregnancy is beautiful.. Right?

Mauja returns my gaze, a warm sensation of satisfaction settles over me. I will ensure he is still under my spell for many months yet to come. A stallion comes near us, but he is not drawn to me, as most stallions usually are. I am disconcerted slightly, has this pregnancy squashed my magic so much that even a simpleton such as the King's great black pet does not feel pulled towards me? I suppose it is a good thing; I do not need the extra attention while my condition weighs me down so.

"As long as this thing knows better than to mistake Dirk for a snack, it can keep guard in the shadows." My tone is unfavoured to this idea of allowing another predator stalk our woods. She might know not to harm unicorns, but what of food for my beloved bonded? Dirk tilts his little head curiously, but remains silent atop his perch on my withers. "My name is Lotus." I say for the sake of the gathering, allowing my name to be known amongst my herd mates.

Suddenly, a feeling overcomes me. Though labour has not begun, I feel the life within me grow restless. It is coming… soon. Very soon. I snort softly, taking advantage the momentary silence to speak once more. "I wish to step down from my position of Warrior. I serve the Edge better through the strength of my blood." It was a difficult decision for me, but with my recent epiphany of ensuring I had dominance over most males here.. I did not see myself fighting any wars in the near future.

Weight shifts again, the leonine length of my tail sways. As soon as I am given leave, I shall seek out a dark, wooded nook of our home, and present the King with a new warrior to stand in my stead, for the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-17-2012, 11:09 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-17-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-18-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Cineviam - 08-18-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Aurelius - 08-20-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-24-2012, 05:02 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lotus - 08-26-2012, 02:47 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM