the Rift

Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
Lotus
The words of the warrior cut right to the heart of things. I felt myself stiffen, my gaze turning this antlered creature, a breath of air passing from my nostrils. Dirk, atop my withers, stands up, the hair on his back rising, his maw parted so that his teeth might be glimpsed. I step up to her, forcing myself into her field of view, standing nose to nose, horn to horn, should she wish to ignore me she would have to turn her entire façade away, even change her entire stance. But I suspected she was not a mare to stand down from a direct challenge.

"At least I am not afraid to embrace the tools gifted to me by my creators. You were born with a womb, were you not? I suppose you have never felt the embrace of a strong stallion about your hips, never carried a new life into this world. Someone must populate our lands with new blood, new warriors. How dare you suggest my task is less worthy than your own. You think just because my rank is shifted I would not fight given the opportunity? You place too much value in names, titles."

My voice was deadly serious, my eyes clutching onto her own with a cool resolve. Should her posture change I adjust my own so that we constantly stand face to face, I will not back down, even if I am vulnerable in my condition. She thinks me useless? I think her worthless. My voice lowers, so that only she might hear me speak now. I am angered by this wench, this miserable excuse for a mare. Even in my homeland, where we despised stallions, we knew the importance of strengthening, and continuing our bloodlines. What is the point of living if not to build a foundation for our future kin?

"I don't why I am wasting my breath on you. No stallion would ever find your worthy of carrying their child anyway. You shall never know the joy it is to feel wanted, to carry a life and watch it grow strong under your care. You are a miserable excuse for a mare."

I snort at the last word, a foreleg stomping definitively, my stance not changing. Leonine tail swishes, lashing at my sides, as if trying to expel the tension I feel around my swollen belly. I am in no condition to fight, and I do not intend on fighting this bitch right here, right now - but in the future, I would not back down. I take a small step back, my eyes never leaving her pathetic form, retreating to stand by Ulrik's side once more. I pray she has enough sense to see the truth I speak, though I'll admit my words were harsh at the end; and yet I did not regret them. It was not I who threw the first insult, after all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-17-2012, 11:09 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-17-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-18-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Cineviam - 08-18-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Aurelius - 08-20-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Monster - 08-24-2012, 05:02 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lloyd - 08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Coris - 08-25-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Ricciardo - 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Lotus - 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Change of Seasons [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Korra - 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM