the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Hidden Path (finished/closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The moment that my astral father would call was expected with elation and dread, I’d slept over these past few days without the fear of failure eating my heels. But now worry was birthed from the loins of uncertainty and triple so for the concern of a family that I’d be leaving in order to fulfill this calling. “All will be well.” Fina soothed, offering her support without balking my emotions aside as weakness. She was actually thrilled with the whole idea of a new home, a new adventure (new hunting grounds)—and in time, the little phoenix knew I’d come to see this matter in a different light.

I felt that when he called I could have heard the words from a nook in the bottom of a mountain, or beneath the rumbling of tidal waves on the ocean floor. Should the Lord of Earth desire my presence he only needed to whisper the name my earthly parents had graced this form. It was today that my ears caught wind of his vocals, as I stood underneath the yaw of a tall pine; its branches are still full from the last snowfall. Misty breath rose to curl warmth around my whiskers, a blanket of frost caked the ample flesh along my spine, creating a warm pocket between myself and the cold chill. His cry set my heart to race, it rang with a strong tenderness that was promising and yearning all at once.

Fina chirped from above, noticing my aroused state. I glanced up to where she was perched on some high branch, ruffling out wings and shivering as heat fled. The corner of my lips curled up, “It’s time.” Moments later we both took off, trails of needles scattered the icy floor below as my thick wings pushed clear of the flora above. After the first few strong beats Fina fell back and to my right, hanging close to my shoulder. We race quickly, catching the currents with skilled practice. Our positioning hadn’t been very far from where Earth had summoned, the edge of dark timbers slide quickly by down below.

A little later and we were gliding above a set of magnificent cascading falls; it literally glimmered with every color you could possibly imagine, seemingly birthed from the water and sun. Various adjoining rivers cut through the landscape, sparkling brooks that appeared so pure even at this height I could notice stones of various size emerging from shallow depths. I didn’t recognize this location, but that could be said for much of the landscape that we’d just flown over. My familiar world was being left behind, and the newness of this journey would take a savage hold. Still, there was much untamed beauty in this place, a strange peace and calm offered its greeting. Even being overwhelmed by all the fresh sights and smells, it didn’t take long to pinpoint the mammoth of a man who stood near water’s edge, I smiled past the tightening that seized heart in breast.

“Hail!” rich vocals called down to the mighty one. Forelimbs already flailing apart to greet the rocky surf below—his overpowering size overshadowed my approach. Fina slipped up and grazed my haunch with her talons before sliding to rest across the firm muscles as daggers dug into the ground to steady my landing. Feathered limbs slipped into a careful fold and neck bowed forward to offer respect that was due, “Well met father.” Beside this heavenly host I appeared as a gangly fawn next to a powerful stag. Tilting gaze up my eyes found him, “The one called Seele, I’ve not been able to locate her.” There is no shame in the admission of such a statement; Helovia was a huge location to hide in.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Seele - 03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by God of the Earth - 03-09-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Seele - 03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM