the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Hidden Path (finished/closed)

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Perhaps it was a part of the deity's magic, that he should know not to worry himself about their appearances. They would come, and soon. In the meantime, he gazed over his surroundings, priding himself on the rocky formations that had been carefully carved away by the waterfalls. Sure, he had started this river in the beginning, before time itself had begun, but it had taken its own course through life, just as all of his children did. And, unlike the many mortals that called Helovia home, the river did not deviate so violently and suddenly from the course he had set for it.

It was not long until a familiar cry from above drew the god's attention skyward. He favored Midas with a fatherly smile. Midas had deviated from his path almost as little as the river. Midas was steadfast and strong, qualities that had drawn him to the God of the Earth and the rocks and waters that the deity governed. These same qualities had also earned the god's favor. "Patience, my son," he replied in answer to the painted steed's statement. "She will come. She has been delayed by things beyond her control, I fear." That was all he had to say on the matter, for Seele's doings were not his to divulge. Should the pair of leaders trust one another, Midas would find out soon enough if trouble stirred behind the troubled schizophrenic, and if they did not... well, their leadership would sort itself out. He hadn't the time to babysit.

It was not long before the mare in question arrived, speaking in the strange, foreign purr that was her trademark. The God of the Earth nodded in response to her apology. "I did indeed, Seele. I did indeed." He paused for a moment, eyes cast skyward, as though thinking; one had the impression of an elderly statesman stroking his salt-and-pepper beard, absorbed in his own memories. "This land used to be the Windtossed Foothills. It has been my domain since before the beginning of time. It is lovely, perhaps more so since the recent changes that have taken place. The river, you see, has carved away what was the Foothills, and created these magnificent falls." His voice was tinged with pride, as a father might brag about a child.

"But these lands have not prospered in recent years as they once did. I am not a power-hungry god, nor am I jealous of my siblings and their lands' prosperity. I do, however, expect more. I expect that my land should have a voice in the politics of Helovia, and, quite frankly, it has not. And so, we have your task: take this land as your own. Offer shelter to those who need it. Be strong, and loyal, and above all, a voice of reason. The land needs one in these troubled times.

"Midas, you know all that I have to say to you. You have done well, leading the Throat, and I know you will do well by these lands. As for you, Seele - I have been impressed by your loyalty to your Asylum. You have helped them to prosper, and I expect the same from you here."

He paused again, brow furrowed. "I must leave you now. There is a pathway behind me. It goes behind the Falls, and will lead you to your new kingdom. Go now, and fetch your brethren to their new home." With one last gentle smile, he was gone.

Speech speech speech

This thread will be private until the God of the Earth has concluded his business with Midas and Seele. After that time, it will be open to members of the Hidden Falls to come home.
CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Seele - 03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by God of the Earth - 03-09-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Seele - 03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM