the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Hidden Path (finished/closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

It felt natural to stand here by the one who had carved these rivers and mountains, as if this was where I’d been molded toward belonging since the beginning of my life. Perhaps the Sun understood his brother’s desire and thus didn’t argue or question the claim when Earth called a child into action. All the respect in the world for Sun and Moon couldn’t erase memories born from a lifelong tradition of pledging to this deity. Unmarred crown dripped low toward chest when his rich voice answered my mortal concerns and schooled worries. Those strong, gentle eyes held me with no rebuke towards my impatience.

Not long after he spoke, the dark mare I’d been unable to locate emerged into our glade. The glimmering metal hanging across breast shifted as I turned to glance back as her crimson tinted body that came swaying in from the timbers— those feminine sunlit eyes shifted up to first regard our Lord, those same pools widened with a familiar shock. I simply couldn’t resist finding amusement in that almost childlike stare, and allowed the gentle curve of lips to break apart the mold of my façade. The stunned expression only lasted a moment before Seele recovered and was studying me.

My smile widened at her words, taking more of the tone as a greeting then recognition of language. (For all I knew the lass was cursing my name in a very silken way.) The host of this meeting seemed to find no offense, he offered us a lesson in history. I settled back, listening to every detail and perking when his gaze found mine. When he shifted attention to Seele I glanced her way, knowing full well that in truth we were still very much strangers—and now rulers of a reborn land.

I frowned and shifted back when my astral father mentioned leaving. A slight flare of mindless panic fluttered to life like the wings of a bird. What if I couldn’t please him and complete this task? Jaws flapped open stupidly but I shut them with one swift snap and instead choose to stand by instead of rattling off questions. Battling the fear that suddenly awakened, and with more force than I felt my voice vibrated out. “Tis will be done.”

And then….like a breath of wind, he was gone. Leaving two strangers alone to figure out the politics of our new families. I sighed and turned to Seele, "Shall we?

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Seele - 03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by God of the Earth - 03-09-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Seele - 03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: The Hidden Path - by Midas - 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM