the Rift

[DROP] Spring cleaning come early.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

As soon as I was allowed above ground, I took the chance to be free, I let myself go.

I couldn't handle the underground anymore, the pain of the memories that flashed before my eyes, the crimson blood falling from Father's lips, the screams of Mother, it was all too much. Ever since that time I could barely stand without the help of a wall to support me. I was young, yet all that has happened to me turns me old and sour. There was no happiness in my life, and I've begun to doubt that there ever will be.

With wings outstretched, I stood before the Heart, the heat burning against my dark coat. I felt nothing as I stared deeply into the bubbling, brewing lava. I took a moment to consider letting myself fall into the flames, to let death take me to Father, to watch over Azarel and Mother through someone else's eyes, from a view that was not my own. Would they even miss me? Something told me that no one would care if I threw myself into the Heart, yet Father's voice told me not to, not yet at least. Yet I still felt my hooves teeter, my weight sway as I fold my wings back up, pulling away from the crumbling edge.

Instead I flew, or tried to, at least. After a few months underground, my flight was unsteady. I struggled to stay aloft, the wind of Frostfall too harsh above the clouds for me, forcing me to lower myself back to the ground. For the next several hundred strides, I galloped, suddenly infuriated by how poorly life had been treating me. What had I done to deserve such treatment? Did the Gods think it was funny? Maybe they thought that because of my species it would be amusing to torture me, to harm me emotionally. I shake my crowned head, spotting a gathering group of horses.

Feeling like this I would normally avoid such a big group of horses, but the way they gathered made me wonder what they were so curious about. Walking slowly towards them, I stand with my head high and ears erect as I wiggle in between an opening in the crowd to see what they were gathering around. An old turtle was guarding a pale egg, one that called to me with gentle whispers of great feats, making me want it. I didn't need anyone to tell me what the egg had within it, because I knew.

It was something that would cheer me up, that would allow me to be happy once again. I wouldn't have to be alone ever again if I had what the egg held. A beautiful bird, decorated in stars and lightning, colored just like me. I nod my head gently, agreeing that this is what it is I desired. So I shuffled forward slightly, ruby red hooves pushing aside snow to allow me better footing. I was prepared for anything, as long as I could get what was held within that egg.

A best friend.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: wishlist│Wakiya Zephyr
Denied in who can sail when the winds won't blow
word count: 517

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
Spring cleaning come early. - by Random Event - 03-04-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Spring cleaning come early. - by Hotaru - 03-05-2014, 12:21 AM
RE: Spring cleaning come early. - by Arah - 03-05-2014, 06:00 AM