the Rift

[PRIVATE] Your Crown Has Fallen

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

His words cut her, but she only laughs bitterly, eyes flashing with some unknown emotion. Tail curls around her ankle, and she watches him dully, not having the energy to feel anything stronger. Facade? It makes her laugh. It has to be the farthest from the truth he could ever strike. It is no facade. It is a barrier, a protective shield, because he has wounded her, the one person she never anticipated such pain to come from. Her trust in him is fractured, and this is the only way she can keep herself from looking like a heartbroken wreck. "You don't know me as well as I fooled myself into believing, fratello, if you believe this is a facade." Her eyes are sad but she shakes her head and tries not to think about him. Him believing her to be bratty and spoiled was better than him knowing how hurt she was by him and him not caring. "Whatever you believe, it is here to stay. I don't trust you right now." Her voice breaks mildly but she is quick to cover it up, finding strength in the royalty that had been pounded into her for years. If she cannot rely on herself, she can rely on the porcelain doll she used to be molded into. At least she knew how that carbon copy would react to everything. The Poisoner was unsure if she know how she'd react on a personal level anymore.

Crown turned idly to stare at her scar, and gave a wry smile. "We can't all fall in love with sniveling weaklings that hide from their own shadow, fratello. Wouldn't it be ironic that I would love the one who gave me this? So it's only fitting I let it fester." Vague, perhaps, but she has nothing else to say. Her tone is defeated, but almost scarily nonchalant, as if she feels that she deserved such a hideous thing. Then her face tightens and she turns and limps away from him, pausing only to cast words over her shoulder. "Walk with me if you must, fratello. Surely you would like to condemn me for my behavior. So I give you permission. Go ahead. You never did understand me, I was a fool to think you would understand my actions now or ever. If you find that insulting, you can run back to your pathetic mate," she sneers, but her tone is wounded, because why can't her own love be that simple? But her heart is encased in ice, if only for today, because it is the only way she can handle the misguided words sure to tear her apart. Alleo would never understand her. Perhaps he had fooled her all this time, to be acting like this now. It almost disgusted her, though she wasn't sure who it was directed towards: him, or herself.

Chunga-Stock

Messages In This Thread
Your Crown Has Fallen - by Lakota - 03-04-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Alleo - 03-05-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Lakota - 03-05-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Alleo - 03-05-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Lakota - 03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Alleo - 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM