Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

"You don't know me as well as I fooled myself into believing, fratello, if you believe this is a facade."

"I don't believe I know you at all." Alleo answered back, his head raising slightly. "Not anymore. I knew who you were. I knew a strong mare, not one that wallowed in self pity when life didn't go her way." His tone was biting, but he was in no mood to baby his sister. He had babied her far too much in her young life and look at what it had gotten him. Poisoned when he'd tried to push her from the nest he'd provided her and make her fly on her own, to make her more independent and confident in herself.

His ears flattened against his head and he snorted harshly when Lakota had the gall to say that she didn't trust him. "You don't trust me?" He demanded incredulously. "If there's anyone who's trust should be broken, Sorellina, it should be mine after you poisoned me. Or did you conveniently forget it happened?" His tail lashed against his hind legs and his eyes narrowed into a glare that would make most recoil in fear for their own well being.

A simple question of what had happened to her was thrown in his face laced with insult that made him snort once more. "What room do you have to call anyone sniveling?" His voice was quiet as he threw the question back at Lakota. "You who runs from anyone who shows any kind of caring for you. You who hurts the one who has spent so much time trying to keep you safe and listen to your woes." It had been a long time since he'd felt such a level of anger and exasperation and even longer since he'd had to use the tone he was with Lakota.

He shook his head when she invited him to walk with her then accused him of never understanding her. "That's your problem, Lakota." He murmured quietly. "You hold everyone at a distance, even me. Did you not learn anything from grandmother?" He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "You can't be afraid of love or to love someone. You can't be afraid to take that step and move on instead of being stuck in the same rut. Put yourself out there because that's the only way you'll find the one that's going to stick by you through everything. That's what I was trying to tell you..." Before you poisoned me.

Alleo sighed and shook his head once more. "I'm sorry." He finally said even if she probably should have been the one apologizing first. "I'm sorry I've disappointed you. I should have been a better brother. I should have protected you more. I should have been stronger for you. But I'm not. This is who I am and I accept it. I have flaws. I love too deeply and I get hurt. I forgive too easily and I get hurt. I get angry and I say things I don't mean, I hurt those that I love the most and make them hate me. In the end I would still lay down my life for you even if you hated me."

"."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Your Crown Has Fallen - by Lakota - 03-04-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Alleo - 03-05-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Lakota - 03-05-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Alleo - 03-05-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Lakota - 03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Your Crown Has Fallen - by Alleo - 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM