the Rift

[OPEN] what if the world stopped spinning
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Fina clicked her beak together, chattering the way birds do when they laugh among each other. I stiffened and shot her my best ‘hush the heck up’ look, which only succeeded in making my phoenix companion giggle ever more. Nothing left to do but roll my eyes and shake off the sand. Golden granules sprayed in all directions and within a few inches of where Fina stood. Since my ivory feathers are still splayed apart, I flapped them once, twice; hard enough to knock grit free.

“Company,” she purred, turning those brilliant sea blue eyes toward yon surf—narrowing as they took in what came trotting down it. I shrugged indifferently, and debated on walking in the opposite direction. Instead, I glanced over and was reward with the sight of a rather striking mare on the approach. Her mane and tail danced curiously in the soft ocean breeze, it took a moment to recognize the likeness of such movement—Fire, I thought wistfully. Only one other had been able to harness such abilities, and she had been the daughter of Sun; was this yet another of his bloodline?

She evidently was blessed, for there was also a silver dragon hanging across flesh. His lips parted to show a clean row of fangs that better suited a wolf. Despite being smaller than most other dragons I’d witnessed in Helovia, this one was no less magnificent. Fina took note of his presence as well, her features dropping from laughter to guarded fascination. She had a strange curiosity when it came to dragons.

Aye, on most days my fiery friend seemed to favor the serpent kind over her own.

“Well met,” I replied softly; still slightly flushed from the little show down with Mr. Scuttle butt—the snot eating crab. “I’m Midas, and that’s Fina,” who smirked, puffing out her feathers and somehow shinning brighter as the fires running along amber wings and body slithered into an array of gold, crimson and burnt orange. Nobody loved being in the center of attention more than her. “Apologizes if my noise disturbed ye.”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 03-06-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Midas - 03-18-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 03-18-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 03-30-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Midas - 03-21-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Midas - 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: what if the world stopped spinning - by Adele - 04-09-2014, 12:48 AM