the Rift

[OPEN] What Is A King Without His Queen?
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I could see the unsteadiness in his gaze, almost like a man gazing through tinted windows with bleak eyes. That mask prevented me from divulging into the fullness of his mind, yet it also gave a familiar indication to hidden troubles he was likely pushing aside. How often had I’d watch my family do something similar. Those troubles were on the verge of being brought to light by the way the wingless one worded a response. Gently I added with an understanding nod, “Light is often found if ye seeks it long enough.” Words my father had often spoken to Ma on eves before they went to war.

His question did serve to change the topic of personal concerns to one of more wholesome meaning. “Aye,” I replied, pausing a moment to gather my thoughts before speaking again. “We’ve gained ground, dozens have been restored to their previous likeness—but still many more remain afflicted and lost. Surrounding territories have been freed of whatever darkness held them and are safer to travel in. Though I’d offer caution when venturing outside the caverns. We don’t know of another source to heal those in need aside from the fountain found in that cave.”

I didn’t know what Windwalker already knew, so I decided to fill the lad in on all details. “Gods have chosen new leaders for their lands, I no longer stand as Sultan of Dragon’s Throat.” The last part of my words trail off softly, “But Czar of a land reborn under the gaze of Earth.”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Windwalker - 03-09-2014, 04:19 AM
RE: What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Midas - 03-09-2014, 01:49 PM
RE: What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Midas - 03-09-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Midas - 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM