the Rift

[OPEN] [Group 1] Icky tar

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I had listened closely to the turtle's words as he wove a straw nest. It was rare for me to listen to anyone now that Father was— passed. I listen to no one, not even Mother or Azarel, Mother especially. She's been driven mad, straight off the edge. It was Father's death that had broken her, and I'm sure if he was still here she'd still be sweet and innocent, but still a hardy woman. Now she was just... insane. I'm a little afraid she might go and hurt someone— or worse.

When he, the Earth Turtle, told us to go be the little caretakers of Helovia, I felt a little used, but it was for a good cause. Right?

I flew away when he dismissed us, not bothering to see if anyone else was leaving. I did not hesitate to fly above Helovia, moving swiftly, sick of being alone. I flew for hours, getting bored and beginning to practice my aerial tricks, loops, twirls, flying upside down, I tried to do it all. I swirled around, somewhat ungracefully, my head lifting higher and higher, spinning out of control. I found myself laying on my back in the sand, wings tucked close to my dark sides. Two-toned eyes are wide, bewildered as I wonder how in the name of Loorien I got here, on the ground.

Rolling over, I find myself in the Blue, a few strides from the water. A nasty, black figure lurched about the beach before me, leaving a trail of nasty, coal black slime with it. Laying back my ears, I wonder if this is what the turtle meant by... 'cleaning'. Did he want us to get rid of these things?

Looking past the one in front of me, there were a few more shuffling around, covered in sand and seaweed. I watched one of them roll over a little creature, a crab, and consume it whole. I gasp, eyes still wide. Struggling to stand, legs weak, I find my right hind leg to be covered in that gunk from one of those— things. Grunting, I find that it holds down my leg, causing irritation as I move the leg, finding it difficult to bend my leg.

I let out a heavy sigh, dark brow narrowed as I look at the nearest creature. I inhale deeply, finding the power that surges within my veins. Not the power that surrounded my hooves with every step, the red lightning that surrounded my scarlet hooves, but the electricity that resided in my soul, the one that set things ablaze. I can feel my body growing warmer as my magic begins to work, a faint red glow outlining my bodice. Focusing on the nearest black monster, I let loose the lightning. I don't care to look, because I'm already facing the next tar-demon, prepared to light them ablaze. I don't know if my previous attack hit or not, I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

I bother not to help the small creatures that have been consumed, because they may already be deceased, suffocated by the tar that seeped from these beasts. A shadow looms overhead, and I find another winged maiden flying above me, bringing with her two sparkling avian forms that spiral down to another tar beast. I release my magic, letting it flash by towards another tar monster. I don't know if it will destroy the beast or simply wound it, as long as it does something to it, I'll be okay.
"blah blah blah."

ooc: hope its ok i left this open for RE to say if her lightning hit or not :3
word count: 592

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
[Group 1] Icky tar - by Random Event - 03-09-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: [Group 1] Icky tar - by Azulee - 03-09-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: [Group 1] Icky tar - by Destry - 03-09-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: [Group 1] Icky tar - by Kari - 03-09-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: [Group 1] Icky tar - by Random Event - 03-13-2014, 12:55 PM