the Rift

[DROP] Returning To The Light

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

The great behemoth of a God before him shook his head. Note was unable to hide his disappointment, though was still grateful for their meeting nonetheless. "I can tell you only that she remains in this land, Note. I cannot track every mortal in this realm." The stallion, a mere mortal to the god, smiled. He was perplexed by the apologetic tone the god's words carried. Why in the world did the Earthly being behave so?
"Thank you. You do the best you can, I - we are more than grateful for all of it," Note continued to smile, a bit of sadness added to his normally dry tone of speech. The stallion had never asked much from the gods, he didn't need to. He was content with what he had and didn't feel the need to rely on beings so busy with their own existence. All the horses of Helovia ever did was ask, beg for magic and companions and information from the gods. What did the gods ask for? Nothing. Asking this much of the god haunted Note with the feeling of being a burden. It was a thought to ponder, though. He just couldn't come up with a good reason for the gods to put up with his species.
"But I am sure that you will be reunited, one day. Do not give up hope." Note bowed his head at this, ignoring the horses approaching in the distance. He lifted it only when the God was back to addressing the strange rag-tag group he had accumulated.
"I would ask you all, in the wake of the dark plague: what is the greatest weakness of character we might find in Helovia? And how do we overcome this weakness to build a greater tomorrow?"
Note was silent for a moment once again, his sharp green gaze fixated upon the God. "Resentment, my lord, is our weakness. We hate, we kill. It is in our nature to do so, to compete for a greater status or the lives of others," a soft sigh left the stallion's ashen lips.
"I don't believe we can be saved from ourselves." Note was tempted to add, 'Consider any efforts you put forward to be valiant, but failure futile.' Seemed a bit disrespectful to say to such a hopeful god, though.
With that, Note casted the God once last smile, once again ignoring the rest of the crowd. The stallion turned away, moving towards the Edge, his new home. His new life.
He would meet Skysong again one day. It might be a glorious reunion he looked forward to, but Note had other issues to attend to at the moment. Life goes on, sometimes you lose people, but there is always a future. There was a future for him.

--

& Note's out!

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Messages In This Thread
Returning To The Light - by God of the Earth - 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Note - 03-09-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Note - 03-16-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Aurelia - 03-09-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Cashmere - 03-10-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Tyradon - 03-10-2014, 07:38 AM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Kahlua - 03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by God of the Earth - 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: Returning To The Light - by Tyradon - 03-16-2014, 05:17 PM