the Rift

[OPEN] Skinny Dipping

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Even within the chill of winters clutches, the sun still had its tendency to shine through gray skies, its rays beam and dance upon the earth’s glittering surface. Both treacherous and beautiful, winter would soon enough come to an end, and the blooming spring would be upon us with its blistering heat waves. It was something to be respected; nature was responsible for the ways of life, molding and shaping our species into industrial machines ticking to the beat of her time clock. There of course was the myth and legend of the Gods, those who have created the green earth and those who control the waters of the ocean, the wind upon the mountains. But nay, she did not believe in such a thing. The elements of nature were just that, Nature. But the discussion between the almighty and the damned was another topic, of course there had to be some form of evil in this world. Some dark deity that commanded us to do what we do; but where there is darkness the light always manages to creep in. It was perhaps, another balance of nature, no one really understood the meaning of life, or where all creation came from.

At least you know there is life after death. Of course, mother would chime in upon my thoughts of the way of life. I chose to ignore her statement, though I did linger on the fact she might have a point. Even in her death, laced within my mind she managed to speak to me, to guide me with advice needed to find direction, to ease my choices into the code she had created me. Sometimes she would show herself to me, standing there in all her hybrid beauty. She was the angel of a tragic night; easily she could have brought forth the shadows of death and cast me into oblivion. But I didn’t. I know. Of course, I have never mentioned that night to anyone, the slaughter of my parents, and the question to why was I spared? I was wanted, a Hybrid born of purity and yet adorn no wings, yield no horn. I was a sought out item for that band of outcasts; they knew what I was and how powerful I would become.

I was stripped of my family, my magic and my pride. I got to watch it all fall to glass shards, to black winged devils that came on a stormy night. And she, the white Pegasus had pulled me from the blood, and taken me as her own, sheltering me in her way of life. I couldn’t leave you among the dark-ones, pooled in blood Morana. And what do I say to you now? Some days, I wish you would have let them take me. I couldn’t help but feel a tinge of regret for the loss of my family, even my siblings taken into the darkness to my knowledge. It was because I was special that they wanted to bring me to deaths door step at such a young age. A hybrid daughter, purity in blood and yet… so ill equipped.

Cream hooves planted upon different soil, it wasn’t hard like the cave floors, nor was it cold and sloshed like the snow I had just been wandering in. It moved, and shifted under my weight. The distinct hissing sound it made, grains grinding against one another. It was different, new. I had seen sand before, but it was dry and powdery; this was thick and heavy, molding to the steps as if it were almost a dry clay. Warmth radiated off my skin, it wasn’t extremely warm, but warmer than before. The breeze combing across my smooth fibers were rich with salt. Impulse and curiosity filled me, as I turned my weight and forced into the direction of the wind rolling over the hill, long reeds of foliage waved within the flow of the breeze. It was captivating, as if I couldn’t get enough of it. With elegance and well placed strides upon the moist sands, my slender physique moved upon the speckled dome, my contrasting pelt contrasting against the horizon.

Oculars peaked over, tiara following suit as I gazed upon the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. For as far as the eye could see, an endless blue body of liquid rippled and roared as it massaged the sands gently back and forth. In awe, I walk forth slowly nearing the lap of the water upon the rippled yet smooth sands. Lobes pricked forth, listening to the sound of the ocean, as the sun beamed just above; ”Why have I never seen this.” I questioned myself, a whisper upon the breeze, as the sound of strange creatures echoed beautifully in the distance. Their fins slicing through the water, mists rolling from their heads in what seemed to be like breaths; craving more of this delicious landscape, I stepped forth into the water’s edge, letting it caress my hooves, rinsing my ivory dipped legs as the cool, and strangely warm waters rinsed the dirt from them, returning their elegance.

And in this moment, I was happy. I felt revived, walking further into the depths of this ocean and gazing down upon my hooves through the sparkling waters. Something so powerful, made me feel so insignificant, so small compared to its greatness. Now shoulders deep, I dare not go further, but lowered my lips to the surface of the water. Tongue tingling to the waters rather foul taste of salt. Shaking my head my lips receded from the waters kiss, as the waves crashed against my chest. It wasn’t the warmest of things, but it was warmer than the place she had come from. Pulling from the grip of the water’s edge, its liquid rushing down my sleek wet darkened sides; coat glittering under the sunlight as I am freshly revived, and no longer coated in mud and dirt from the snowy travels. Hooves still submerged, I turned to gaze upon the white caps of the water, still an astonished look glinting in the depths of my silver pools. The ocean. My mother’s voice caused a perk in my head as I watched the waves ripple on the horizon. So powerful. Indeed, I was pleased

Tags: @[Hector] (if you would like to join)
Words: 1,056
oOc: Open to everyone. Tagged Hector because they never really finished their last talk. <3
Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Messages In This Thread
Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-11-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-16-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-17-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Note - 04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Skinny Dipping - by Morana - 03-16-2014, 09:10 PM