the Rift

[OPEN] lipstick stamps on my passport

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

The unicorns of the north were finally home. There was nothing that compared to the cold crisp air of winter. As soon as they had returned home he had immersed himself back into the duties of a soldier, patrolling, practicing, and simply protecting. Of course, there was a new P on that list, parenting. Odette, the peculiar little dog that hatched from an egg, Déodat found caring for her a bit more difficult than expected. Nonetheless he was managing. Her eyes were still sealed shut, and she could barely do more than shriek and eat. Everywhere he went the little white pup came, always nestled in between his shoulders underneath a thick blanket of his mane. He hoped it would keep the small thing warm, at least until she grew a thicker coat. Once the pup was grown she would have to learn to tough out the cold of the Basin, otherwise she would have a very cold death. Even the thought of Odette’s death left him feeling slightly unsettled. Nuisance or not, she was a part of his very soul and really he had grown quite fond of the mutt over the days they had been together.
Déodat moved with a careful step as he patrolled the grounds of the Basin. Just on the slight chance a wraith lurked nearby, he moved outside of the border and continued onward. With each step he inhaled deeply, checking for the scents of death or decay. Anxiety hung in his chest and he heard Odette start to whimper and whine. Really he would have to remember how affected by his thoughts the white dog was.
He turned his neck and looked at the tiny thing and touched her lightly with the edge of his nose. “Hush now,” he cooed. As soon as those words passed from his lips he looked left and right to ensure no one lurked nearby. Really he could only imagine the sort of reaction he would get out of the other soldiers. The last thing he needed was to be a joke, especially so short after his promotion. There was even more pressure upon his shoulders to uphold the honor of the Basin and the foot soldiers beneath him.

Once his companion had been settled, he continued on his way. The Blood Prince shortly found himself near the Frozen Arch. Immediately his mind floated back to the night spent with Confutatis. His lip curled back in disgust at the thought of the whore queen and the fight that had occurred back in the caves. No one needed to know about that night or that fight, all those were, were memories meant to be buried away.
Déodat approached the snow, partially expecting the harlot to be there. Much to his surprise though, there was the scent of another, and this one was foreign. Part of him was tempted to put Odette aside on the slight chance that an aggressive individual lurked, but he decided against it on the chance she would die of the cold.

Once he could see the stranger, the Blood Prince rolled his eyes at the sight of the rat, and he wondered if the creature was brave or just stupid to be close to the Basin. “Didn’t anyone ever tell you of the unicorns of the north?” He said as he stepped into the cave, his voice mocking and condescending. "They are racists." The way he said racist made it seem as though a bitter taste hung on his tongue. The rats of this earth coined all kinds of terms for it, but of course they could never accept their inferiority.

"Speech speech speech"
[ @[Elsa] ]

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
lipstick stamps on my passport - by Elsa - 03-11-2014, 02:31 PM
RE: lipstick stamps on my passport - by Déodat - 03-11-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: lipstick stamps on my passport - by Elsa - 03-12-2014, 10:49 AM
RE: lipstick stamps on my passport - by Déodat - 03-26-2014, 05:20 PM