the Rift

[OPEN] Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING (finished/closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I wouldn’t have to wait for long, Seele came bursting into view, her bright eyes finding me and a taking no hesitation in drawing an equal position. My sister fell beside me with a docile and respectful greeting; I smiled gently and started to turn with parted lips toward replying when she stamped sharply, and rather savagely demanded her kin appear. Both brows shot high out of surprise and neck craned up and away to allow crown ample access toward visual appearance of my fellow co-lead, the strength and manner of her tone was conflicting to the silken vocals she’d previously hosted. Shocked facade dropped into a half smile that edged toward understanding, a man had to be wary of female tendencies and had I’d been a youth still yet to be tested—I might have pressed into the subject of feminine mood swings. Instead, wisdom schooled my jaws to slam shut, and that is exactly what they did. Bemused gaze shifted slowly back toward the canopy, my ears had fallen when she cried out and they drifted up again, perking when sudden rustles caught attention.

The first member to arrive was a lovely woman who bore a light coat, and similar colored appendages. Previous humor fell away, and I instinctively grappled hold of an easy smile that lay in front of a carefully applied mask of vocation. The lass dipped her body and offered each in turn a moment of respect. My chin tucked toward chest, tapping the honeyed gem which lay embedded within a coiling of silver. She introduced herself as Elsa, a crafter—her gaze shifted to Seele, then to me with an uncertain waver. “I am called Midas, formally of Dragon’s Throat,” vocals are kind, but also flat as I repeat information that would become repetitive over the next few days.

Not more than a moment later a wobbly face comes floating in from the undergrowth. He slurs out a ragged comment and my smile vanishes, I remembered this one from the caves. My gaze shifts to Seele, watching for her reaction to his stumbling approach. Obviously this was one of her kin in the Asylum that we’d discussed and spoken at length that she’d need to keep a tight leash upon. I said nothing and was treated to yet another come trampling through woods. This one was female, unicorn and darkly colored. Her eyes fly wild, drifting from left to right with the purpose of a rabid squirrel. I sigh as she stomps with an uneasy gait towards the taller stallion with a socially awkward mouth.

Golden eyes fall to Seele, amusement turning to growing frustration. My friend and co-lead wasn’t lying when our topics shifted to running a herd full of the mentally insane; my collar itched to grow, to beat sanity back into them. Pushing negativity aside, my patience is rewarded with the appearance of a small cherub, who had slipped in and fell beside the pale woman with wings. Still yet another mare comes into the gathering; her eyes are starlit and bottomless to the center. She watches silently as things unfold. Considering the conversations at hoof, I was thankful for her silence and offered the aqua tinted lass a short nod.

Said lass is tailed by unicorn with a coat pattern that reminded me of Tallsun glittering off the ocean, she is one of the few to step forward and pay respects. A genuine smile of welcoming creases my features, breaking through the solemn gloom previously felt, “Well met.” Another unicorn pushes through, a young colt at her side. I glanced their way, still half-smiling when the lass comes closer with a question on her lips and a warning in those skyblue eyes. She looked battle worn and obviously exhausted.

“Aye, tis some Asylum; others stand as Hidden Falls members only. Both of which are welcome here.”

The bad is erased by the good of who comes forward next. A two year old, his appearance and manner a welcoming sight to all the unfamiliarity; the last time we’d spoken was on a quiet eve in the caverns, lulled to sleep by the tales strung from Africa’s lips. His approach is welcomed with a smile even as the lad starts rambling out nervously, glancing to and fro at what I guessed to be unfamiliar faces to him. “Welcome Marco, and ye is welcome to linger as ye might. Tis Ayslum and Hidden Falls which claim these lands.” Perhaps the most regal of them all came flying in from the hills, his frame a glorious sight in all the confusion—my grin widens and I allow the good sir to offer his respects, “Hawkeye, tis good to see ye again brother.” At least the balance was starting to creep from yon edge, there were those present that I could readily recognize and who would stand by.

Others arrive, more from asylum. I drag my eyes across them, knowing their appearance and recognizing them as previous asylum speakers. They stare on in a cool silence, both of which were greeted with a single formal nod, the smile of brotherhood vanishing entirely again. It is foolish to think all would be joyful standing under the hoof of a new leader, no matter if that ruler was chosen by a God. In time, we’d learn to trust each other, or crumbling beneath the weight of hooves as battle cries rang free.

Parelia arrived next, her sheepish eyes slipping from the crowd to glance up at me and Seele. Nervous the girl stood stark still and glanced around, likely looking for kin. My eyes softened when they landed upon the fragile creature, every time I’d seen her those soft eyes had been filled with some worry or concern. Satanic Silk emerged next, followed by another of Asylum who appeared to be familiar with my name. I dipped skull toward them both and raised my eyes to the cloudless sky.

A brilliant glow was circling above, the shape obscured by fire and light. I smiled, “Fina.” She flew low, a single high pitched screech emerged from her breast. With practiced aim my companion fluttered upon spine, dancing with eager talons across my painted flesh. Raptor eyes narrowed as they savaged the crowd, turning once to gaze at my co-lead.

Right forehoof rose, clipping against the stone we stood upon. A wave of vibrations that quickly rose to a tremble descended down the granite and into the soil beneath their hooves, “Welcome,” I uttered, softly but somehow deeply loud enough to echo like the small eruption I’d used to call order. Those trembles vanished after a moment and I lowered my gaze to those that had gathered, “Ye stands on unmarred ground, untainted by blood or bile.”

I pause and lower my muzzle a fraction, “I stand before ye all as a friend to some, a stranger to others. My name is Midas, former Sultan of Dragons Throat.” A place that felt seas away when I looked into the eyes of these strangers, “A place I would still be had not my Lord summoned me to follow a different path.” Gaze settled heavily on the crowd as a whole, “The God of Earth, our patron lord of this land has tasked Seele,” nostrils flared and crown shifted the dark tinted woman who stood as my equal, “and myself to oversee the development of this herd and nourish it until it is the voice and strength of Helovia.”

“I would see this herd grow strong and flourish, both Asylum and those that claim Hidden Falls.” Bottomless gaze shifted back center, “I would also move to honor those that stood in a position of power.”

“Circuta, and Eris rise before your new family.” Our ranks lay open and Seele had spoken of a few within the crowd who bore talents that would aid in speeding the rise of this clan. Turning to the darker one, Circuta I spoke, “Would ye stand as Sleuth, overseer of spies?” Gaze shifted to the fire-tinted girl, “And Eris, would ye stand as the first Legatus, a general for armies to come?”

“What say ye?”

OOC: Preferred that Circuta and Eris post next. Midas will turn the floor over to seele during the his next post.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING - by Seele - 03-11-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING - by Elsa - 03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING - by Oxy - 03-11-2014, 09:44 PM
RE: Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING - by Agrona - 03-11-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING - by Amani - 03-11-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING - by Cealestis - 03-12-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: Devil Grass :: HERD MEETING - by Reizend - 03-12-2014, 02:37 PM