the Rift

[OPEN] Moving Forward

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
Whatever evil that had lurked appears to have been lifted. I left the caves several days ago. The memory of seeing that god is still well embedded into my mind. At least the gods of these lands don’t abandon their followers so easily. Even my father isn’t so compassionate as they. If shadows had entered the land, especially if the mortal caused it, he would’ve simply let it devour them. Or sent me and my brothers off to vanquish whoever shattered the normal order of things.

Over the past few weeks thoughts of the past have been fading. My heart has slowly begun to mend and I can feel myself rising out of my despair. For a moment I find myself thinking of those that had welcomed me to Helovia. Since I have been calling this place my residence, I haven’t seen them. Part of me feels concern, especially for the mare Megaera, but I know she’s a strong one, she probably survived. Then I begin to think of the Dragon’s Throat. Wasn’t that place supposed to become my home? Desert live doesn’t appeal to in particular. Living among the pegasi may drive me into sheer insanity, it would make me look upon what I have lost. But I’m something that is created to have a purpose, and wandering aimlessly will never be a suitable life for me. Maybe someday I can seek out a home, but for now I’ll be content with the life before me, it’s a new start.

My eyes take in the details of a strange structure before me. It is tall and round, really quite beautiful. I slowly walk towards it and inspect it closer. Who knows how long I spend just studying the architecture, I want to get as close of a look at the craftsmanship as possible. There is beauty in the things mortals create, none can even compare to the creations of gods, but they are nonetheless still admirable.

A sigh passes from my lips as I lean up against one of the pillars. Slowly I close my eyes and just let myself get lost in my thoughts. Of course Samael bounces about in the back of my head, but I swiftly push those memories aside. My heart is finally healing, I don’t need to dive into the heart wrenching bliss that comes with thoughts of my long lost lover. Dwelling on the past has done me no good before, it’s time to look towards the future.

[For @[Kahlua] to get Lee to the Edge]
"blah blah blah"
image credit

Messages In This Thread
Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 04-15-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 04-24-2014, 12:14 AM