the Rift

[OPEN] Moving Forward

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
There is another and my peace is broken. Slowly I open my eyes and turn my head at the sound of someone gasping. Before me is a painted mare, and she is admiring the structure above me. I turn my head away, assuming she means to simply adore the painted class and stone pillars. I am wrong though. The girl comes over to me and begins chattering away, and I’m a bit shocked by her friendliness. My last encounters with others had involved two mares throwing harsh accusations and cold statements, this mare is sheer warmth and sunshine.

“No, this isn’t mine,” I say, still feeling unsure of this individual as she continues to chatter on. Next comes her name and her title. A queen huh? I never would’ve guessed such a vibrant and bubbly creature wears a crown. Joy though can be a great motivator amongst people, and it wouldn’t surprise me if this little piece of sunshine can use her own enthusiasm to draw others in. “I’m Lee, of well… Of nowhere in particular.” A sigh passes from my lips at the thought of my homelessness. Yes, there are many places to explore within Helovia, and things to see, but I am still a creature that needs to belong somewhere.

I pull myself from my self-pity before I can drown in it. The time for grief is over. “Why does a queen leave her kingdom? Every experience I’ve had with royalty they were bound to their castles and land, only to leave if there is war or diplomatic purposes.”
"blah blah blah"
image credit

Messages In This Thread
Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Moving Forward - by Hamaliel - 04-15-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Moving Forward - by Kahlua - 04-24-2014, 12:14 AM