the Rift

elegy

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

Perhaps the unusual companionship of the star-spangled zephyr had been the cause for concern- all of a sudden Africa was made aware, the ruffle of flight through her bonded’s brilliantly shimmering plumage (no matter how dulled by the brightness of daylight) sending her company reeling awkwardly backwards with surprise. Still her eyes roamed gently, considerately across the patterned mare’s face, seeking each warm amber eye independently around the spiral of obnoxious bone where it grew between. The finer of the Unicorn species were few and far between, but the one winged creature found some solace as she stood by the friendly, rather encouraging other.

Andreas snorted her discomfort, though Africa knew not whether it was embarrassment or suspicion until unusually tinted hooves had drawn her back. Untroubled by the reaction, and all the while sorry she had not more carefully spread her own introduction, the grey offered something of a reassuring smile to sooth any residue awkwardness.

Soon enough the story foundering the mare’s journey into the Helovian wilderness was bared, and above lips stiffened with growing concern, pastel eyes nodded. The fringe of thick, oily forelock swept playfully forward to gather as a veil across them, golden-red flames licking hungrily all the while, but Africa’s elegantly chiselled skull bounced gently to again lodge the hair right; mostly behind the forward reach of her cooperative, long coal-hued ear. "You are welcome to bed in Dragon’s Throat as long as you need friend," she gestured warmly, reaching quickly with tender words to draw back the eyes of the other as they wandered away perhaps sorrowfully, to hide beneath their own curtain of obscurity; of long, luxurious sable locks.

"Perhaps my family know better of Apollo than I, Andreas. Try not to lose heart." She smiled when the Unicorn did, a soft expression that melted easily and comfortably into the paleness of the fur there. "Come, the journey is long on foot I’m afraid, but all the easier when in good company." As the playfulness of her past peeked through the mask of maturity gracing her bones, Africa turned slowly but eagerly towards the south- always driven by the fondness of her homeland; always compelled by the safety which hugged any who chose to linger within those familiar borders.

Ooc: I will get a post up in the Throat for you <3 sorry about the wait.

Africa

Messages In This Thread
elegy - by Andreas - 03-12-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: elegy - by Africa - 03-13-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: elegy - by Andreas - 03-14-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: elegy - by Africa - 03-16-2014, 04:54 AM
RE: elegy - by Andreas - 04-01-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: elegy - by Africa - 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM