the Rift

[OPEN] Leave a Light On

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

You see - the mare had only been trying to walk these lands for maybe a day. She wanted to see the damage that had befallen these lands. And, to her dismay, the first place she went was nearly eradicated. Few herbs were still standing, and destroyed roots were strewn across the place right around what had been her garden. So, for the moment the mare was attempted to clean it up.

Valiance, who had been napping in the mare's luscious creme locks, crawled out of it and clung onto her back - frightening the poor mare at first as she jumped forward only to feel the talons dig into her skin a little more. A tiny yelp escaped her maw before she looked back toward the now laughing, red dragon perched against her haunches. "Get to work. We need to clean this up." she instructed, and the little one was limber in his movements down to the ground - not quite certain on how to fly yet, but definitely understanding how to catch the air in his wings to ease his descent to the earth.

After both had spent a good hour cleaning up the land around her garden, it was the appearance of another orange dragon that had the mare lifting her head in shock. Talons clung to Res's tendrils and tried to yank her in one direction. Gold orbs locked onto creature before finally recognizing who its companion was. "Evangeline?" Resplendence whispered, remembering the mare from but a few meetings before, and the dragon snorted and tugged again. "Valiance, let's go!" she said, waiting for the dragon to scurry up back into his little nest of her hair before taking off after the dragon at a full-out run.

Of course, it was the sound of panic that was inherent in Kahlua's voice that made her speed up more, limbs flying at a speed she didn't think possible. How many are dying? How many are hurt? What's going on?! Her mind runs at a million miles a minute, and there is a discontented chirp from Valiance who seems to believe that there really is nothing to worry about and that Resplendence is only overreacting - as she had done with his hatching.

As she arrived at the scene, kicking up dirt behind her with panic on her face she sees two people on the ground. One is Evangeline and the other... a stag she'd never seen before. Instantly, she is traipsing her way over towards the mare she knew, not daring to even ask any questions - just poking and prodding around to see if she winced at anything and to listen to the sounds of her breath. And, once certain there was nothing wrong, she stood up and gave a small cough and a slight apology. Her mind spinning. It's not multiple - it'll be okay. But Valiance is annoyed at the fact that Res must simply think the worst. So, he is already at work swatting her with his talons against her neck. Grimacing in annoyance Res snaps back at the dragon on her withers before turning to the stag who lay on the ground. "I'm Resplendence. If you can hear me, yes is pinning your ears twice, no is pinning them once. Do you have an injury?" A slight pause. "Is it alright if I prod around?" she asks, and regardless of his answer she goes in and begins to carefully inspect every inch of his frame that she can get to. "I'm going to listen to you breathing, try to stay as still as possible, and breathe as deeply as you can," she instructed before place her ear against his side, after dropping to her knees. His breathing had been shallow and fast and that simple fact concerned the claybank mare who was now in charge of the well-being of the herd.

Lastly, she got to her feet again and looked to both Evangeline and Kahlua. "Could he stand - I'd like to check his other side to make sure there's nothing wrong there before I get started..." she said, her voice not strong - not confident. She hadn't had to direct anyone before - but she did know what she was doing. "It looks like he'll need some assistance..." she added on, ear flickering around in slight uncertainty. All she needed was for him to fall and break something while she was attempting to inspect him and see what was wrong. But, she needed to check his other side - and it wasn't smart for him to be laying down.
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Leave a Light On - by Ruske - 03-12-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Evangeline - 03-13-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Kahlua - 03-16-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Resplendence - 03-16-2014, 01:50 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Aaron - 03-16-2014, 03:08 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Ruske - 03-16-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Evangeline - 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Kahlua - 03-24-2014, 04:14 PM