the Rift

[OPEN] Leave a Light On

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

She spun, she moved with a grace that years of nervousness had wound in to my bodice. Muscles flexing and bending as she inspected the stag on the ground. He spoke, but it sounded painful - definitely painful. Rattling breathes and dripping phlegm - an infection (most likely of the lungs). That of which he seemed to confirm in his strangled answer. "It definitely seems like that - sir." she whispered, perking her ear up, "But, forgive me, because I'm still checking for other injuries," she muttered stubbornly, as she moved in closer to his side and poked and prodded around on that flesh.

Yes, no physical wounds. That was good - no other infections to worry about then. Eva peered over towards Res asking if he'd be alright in the process. There was a gentle bob of her head. "He will not die on my watch, I promise sister." The words slipped easily from her maw as she took a step back - a nod of a thank you sent to Aaron for acting a shoulder for this stag in order to keep him standing. Kahlua told Res to let her know if she could grab anything. And, then Alysanne was appearing from the shadows - offering her assistance as well if the mare needed it.

But concentration was all she needed at the moment, and the thin line on her face even had Valiance curling up against her withers not daring to move or make a sound. There was a swell of energy that seemed to course through her veins as the darkness began to swell. Gentle wisps of dark wind began to reach out and curl around the infected stag. They curled and covered the section of his bodice that was his lungs. Slowly, the darkness began to seep in - and with it Res urged her own energy through the healing in order to give him a small boost in the next few days. And, as the darkness seeped in, she could feel the infections - target them, destroy them. Her eyes were sliding shut and deep, even breaths, were flowing from her frame. It was with the wisps curling up into the sky and fading away that her job was done, only to have her stagger back a few steps. Her eyes blinking a few times and legs feeling weaker - her bodice definitely lethargic after offering up her own energy for the stag before her.

Her eyes open clearly, exhaustion making her eyes dim as Valiance took the sky - grabbing the image of the peppermint plant that was in Res' head. "Aly... Kahlua... could you be dears and find more of what Valiance is bringing back - I need some peppermint for my own energy levels..." she whispered, pressing back up against the tree a few pace away as Valiance hovered before the painted equine's stature. There was a protective gleam in the young one's eyes already. Delicately, Res looked back over to the stag she had just helped, "I gave you some of my energy, as I felt bad taking from the Moon when I had the energy reserve. Not only should you be able to breathe fine now, but the infection is gone, and you should have the energy to last you a few days until you can get settled - wherever that may be." the quiet mare explained, allowing a gentle smile to press upon her lips. If the unicorn wanted to attack now, Res felt safe. She was not alone with this stag - her herdmates would not allow harm to come to her, especially not when she couldn't fend well for herself.

This was her family, after all.

Messages In This Thread
Leave a Light On - by Ruske - 03-12-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Evangeline - 03-13-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Kahlua - 03-16-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Resplendence - 03-16-2014, 01:50 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Aaron - 03-16-2014, 03:08 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Ruske - 03-16-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Evangeline - 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Kahlua - 03-24-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Alysanne - 03-24-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: Leave a Light On - by Resplendence - 03-25-2014, 09:19 PM