the Rift

First Steps

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Perhaps some horses would have shied away from the sudden burst of emotion that feel from Leeka's lips, trying to hide from the heart-wrenching tale of a mare returning home to find nothing but destruction. But not Kahlua- she listened and accepted the words, nodding her head and stepping forward at the mention of lost magic and the girl's mother, offering out her nose to the girl's shoulder, if she would have it, and trying to press against her softly. The queen was more than convinced that a friendly touch a the right time could make all the difference, and she was trying very hard.

I was to be a magicker, Leeka finished, and Kahlua stepped back tossing her head to the side, motioning towards the center of the land. “Come on, let's walk,” she added, turning and setting off slowly, seeing if Leeka would follow. “I came here after my home burned down- I lost my family too.” It only seemed natural to return the favor, sharing her secret in exchange for her new friend's. “I think my brother must have made it out alive, he was too smart not to, but... I haven't seen him since.” She used to fall to tears at the very mention of her family, of their death, of the fire, but time heals all wounds. Every time she spoke of them, it became easier and easier, hurting a little less and becoming more fact than tragic tale. Perhaps she had Dragomir to thank for some of that.

“You still could have magic,” she chattered on then, bright blue eyes looking back with eagerness, ready to help this young newcomer in any way that she could. “The gods are kind to us, especially the herds- we were even able to build a wall with the magic they granted us, though it was broken in many places.” For a moment the girl's lips turned down, the wall a source of trouble to her now. She used to prance about gaily, proudly announcing that she had built it, reveling in that knowledge, but now she almost hated the thing. Walls were prisons- she would not have her herd living in one.

“The goal of the Edge is peace throughout the land. If you want, you could join us!” So she kept trekking on through the woods, waiting for Leeka's response, content and eager for her reply.
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
First Steps - by Leeka - 03-13-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: First Steps - by Kahlua - 03-13-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: First Steps - by Leeka - 03-24-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: First Steps - by Kahlua - 03-24-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: First Steps - by Leeka - 03-25-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: First Steps - by Kahlua - 03-25-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: First Steps - by Abishia - 03-26-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: First Steps - by Ciceron - 03-27-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: First Steps - by Leeka - 06-22-2014, 10:14 AM