the Rift

[PRIVATE] That Day We Met in December

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

"Who is she?"

But alas, should the question not have been, "Who else could it be?" - for of course a steed with such a valiant heart would fall for the mare who best epitomized kindness. And what better pair would the World's Edge have than the Stormbringer and the Sunshower; even their newly-early titles fit together in a way that made one want them to ascend to the throne as lovers. The very thought made the Specter want to laugh with joy, to throw a festival reminiscent of that which accompanied Coronation Day in Th'orqui, the bow at their hooves and proclaim his pleasure with their union. But alas, something was not quite right - for neither King nor Queen were the most outspoken of creatures, and Quilyan very much doubted that either would express their feelings for one another. Assuming, of course, that Kahlua returned Kaj's affections.

And how could she not? He was all that a King should be for his people, all that a friend should be for his brethren, all that a brother should be for his adopted family. He was strength, and virtue, and loyalty, and honor; he was even pleasing to look at, though of course Quilyan wasn't remotely interested in his King's appearance. But he knew what females looked for in a stallion - hell, he had been one of the most sought after steeds in his homeland, and not just for his title - and Kaj, with his golden pelt, flowing ivory locks, and hard musculature... well, he was quite the specimen. "You sell yourself short, brother," Quilyan informed the Stormbringer with the slightest hint of amusement in his vocals - amusement that had nothing to do with Kaj, and everything to do with Quilyan's former thought process.

In any case, he nudged his friend's shoulder gently, violet gaze imploring the King's spirits to rise. "I don't know that love feels the same for everyone, but for me, at least, it is... Well, I suppose, in a physical sense, it feels very much like - and this is going to sound horribly sentimental, but there it is - like my heart is full to bursting inside my chest. It feels like emptiness when she is gone and happiness when she is there. But love is much more mental than it is physical, you know, and in that regard, it is... well, it's built around friendship, I think. The ability to have intelligent conversations, not growing bored with one another's company, being able to be comfortable around them in every sense, be it in silence or in sleep or in speech or... anything, really. It's wanting to protect them and letting them protect you, even though how we protect one another is vastly different."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

@[Kaj]

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
That Day We Met in December - by Kaj - 03-15-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: That Day We Met in December - by Quilyan - 03-18-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: That Day We Met in December - by Kaj - 03-27-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: That Day We Met in December - by Quilyan - 04-10-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: That Day We Met in December - by Kaj - 04-14-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: That Day We Met in December - by Quilyan - 05-09-2014, 03:47 PM