the Rift

Time of Truth [moon god - quest turn in + veins pass for new quest - earth god]

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Coris is turning in his male red-footed falcon companion quest with the Moon god, in which she asked him to be found worthy by either or both Mirage and Mauja. Since Coris has met Mauja and joined the herd to serve as their craftsmen (waiting on herd meeting to finish for the rank change :P)

Assuming that meets the quest requirements for fulfillment, I'll also then be using the veins pass I won in the god image contest (was saving it for Olema Surema, but better used for Coris I think) so he can do an immediate follow up quest to get his leather working magic. That would required the Earth god though I believe.]

Hooves traced a familiar path up the narrow and winding walkway of earth amongst so much wind, fire, and water.
So high up the gales were fierce and at times threatened to knock even one as sturdy as he off his precarious perch.
Beside him blue fire sizzled and hissed as it scoured deeper amongst the rock work.
Below the sea raged with white and blue armies against the monument of mountain.

It was not familiar because he'd been here often, only once before in fact, and that encounter he least of all recalled the walkway. Rather it was a well worn trail that suggested many hooves over many sunsets and sunrises. That should have been proof enough that there was something worth believing in, yet Coris held his reservations in trusting too easily of this mare of the moon, much less the other gods. He'd believe it when he saw it, and so far he only saw a pretty strange mare having him do stranger things on her behalf, although he couldn't determine how she benefited - mostly he wanted to be stubborn and grumpy.

When at last the volcano flattened out to a plateau, with three massive shrines taking up most of the foot room, Coris let out a sigh of exertion. His rib cage rose and fell, sweat beading up around his leather apparel, and his nose flaring. Gods certainly liked to be theatrical he thought with a grumble.

Waiting a moment to gather his breath the smoky blue then approached the shrine of the Moon God. He glanced sideways at the bizarre thing for a moment, then in a clear, if hoarse voice, spoke to it. Not for the first time, he felt utterly foolish.

"Oh mighty Moon Mare, here me now as you did before. I have returned with the deeds you asked. I make camp now in Mauja's herd, the Edge of the World, serving as his craftsmen, for you saw it fit to bless him with the unsavory glass makers." Coris snorted. "His acceptance of me speaks of finding me worthy, does it not? I could be even worthier, provided that which I seek from you." He was a horse of his word, at least, if a selfish, doubting, coarse horse. He would live forever in Helovia, and had no plans to abandon Mauja, who in time would only find his leatherwork more superior over glass.

Messages In This Thread
Time of Truth [moon god - quest turn in + veins pass for new quest - earth god] - by Coris - 08-17-2012, 08:50 PM