the Rift

[OPEN] dancing in your shadow.

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
trapped between two lungs

I hadn't seen anyone else while I traveled to the Caves that had been mentioned by several others in the Threshold. Adella and I did not talk much as we followed the scent of others. I would watch her fly ahead of me, allowing me to view what she was seeing then.

It was a land of shadows, consumed by darkness, but there was clarity.

As I stood at the mouth of the Caves with Adella, she chirps excitedly, her wings hitting my side as she lifts off. There is light! She coos, excitement woven into her words. I turn my head, bi-colored eyes catching sight of the light breaking apart the shadows, a smile brought to my lips as I watch in amazement as pure magic happened. Like snow melting away in spring, the darkness reveals a Frostfall ridden land with snow appearing like shaved diamonds. Caught breathless, I sit there for several minutes, maybe even several hours, watching as everything clears out, the darkness fading back into the night, the sun rising to its rightful position in the sky.

Drawing my hoof away from the stone of the Caves, I smile at Adella and simply say, "no staying in here then." Turning away, I venture off into the land, finding myself in unknown territories. We wander around, exploring the land, at least, some of it. Other horses began to appear before us, creeping out of the caves from which they had been trapped.

Unknown territory lies ahead, shadows no longer a problem for us as we move along, travelling to Gods know where. It was kind of fun, actually, walking around without a place to be, yet at the same time it wasn't fulfilling, even though there were miles of land to explore. We wander for hours, landing upon a sandy beach with a rising tide. My mind is soothed, listening to the roaring waves and constant tug at my hooves. Adella is swaying back and forth on my back, her mind calming only because of mine. Staring into the endless, swirling horizon, we feel like miniature specs, insignificant in this big grand world we call ours.

Shifting my attention to the mist that flows down from a ledge high above to my right, blurred outlines of pine trees calling me. Something pulls me towards that area, that section of land there. While I move forward, hearing my name being called in the back of my mind, I advance on the misty cliff face. It takes me a moment to realize it was Adella calling my name, her voice but a whisper as she tries to get my attention. She's flown away, lifting herself upwards, to the top of the ledge. I feel a darkness watch over me, a brilliant exchange of vision as I see through her eyes, clouded by dense fog.

Brilliant pines tower towards the sky, reaching above the low-hanging clouds. Fires are spotted here and there, cutting through the fog like a blade cuts through skin. A dark figure occasionally shifts through the mist, wavering for a moment before being completely consumed, invisible to Adella's eyes. She swoops back around, heading towards me. Turning her head, I see the land growing narrow before giving way to the rocky waters below, which churn hungrily for someone to slip and tumble down only to be consumed by them.

Given back my own sight, I blink repeatedly, trying to adjust to the crisp air that lingers on the beach. Adella's dark body flickers into view, small and jagged against the misty backdrop. I begin walking away from the water, hoping to find a way up to the misty land I had just seen.

Night has dawned, the sun sinking far below the horizon, the moon finding its place above me. I wander on, searching for the wall of pine to appear before me. Sure enough it did, but under the moon's brilliant light, they were just dim shadows barricading me from entering this land. But it wasn't the only thing. Shards of broken glass lay at my hooves as I stand at the border, a large glass structure having been shattered. A former glass wall has been shattered, although I can sort of reconstruct it within my mind. It was likely very large, towering above my head, and as far as the eye could see. Even now the base of the wall remains, fading off into the night on either side of me. Taking a hesitant step towards it, I mumble a few words that echo for a moment, bounding off the wall of glass. "Hello?"
"talk talk talk"
[idk why theres a massive gap below this.. could someone maybe help with that?]
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Messages In This Thread
dancing in your shadow. - by Isi - 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Ruske - 04-04-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Isi - 04-15-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Ruske - 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Isi - 05-10-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: dancing in your shadow. - by Ruske - 05-11-2014, 09:20 PM