the Rift

[OPEN] Celebration of the Sun - Herd Meeting

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

She regretted her abysmal greeting as soon as it left her tongue, though Astraeus did not understand her change of heart. He crooned softly to her, settling on her shoulders, confusion evident through their bond. Ampere had stolen from the fallen angel, had she not? And should she not be treated with as much disdain as she deserved? But Sohalia, raised from the cradle to treat others as she would like to be treated, to give the benefit of the doubt wherever possible, and above all, to forgive - she knew better. She knew that her dislike of the blue was unlikely to fade, but she also knew that she owed Ampere her loyalty. One way or another, she had come to rule the Dragon's Throat in Gaucho's stead. The stallion that the angel pined over was nowhere to be seen - but Ampere was here, strong and able and, apparently, taking responsibility. If nothing else, that should endear her to the stubborn ivory with the electric bird.

The wakiya let a soft, indignant cry escape his beak, a shadow of the fear-inducing, predatory shriek that he would develop as he aged. He still did not understand. What he did understand was that Africa had greeted him with a smile, and he promptly fell to preening himself, particularly when he noticed the other zephyr accompanying the Sultana.

Sohalia resisted the urge to roll her eyes at his vanity, instead turning her attention to Ampere. In truth, she supposed they were more alike than either of them would admit. Perhaps she had misjudged the blue. "I would very much like an opportunity to speak with you when you have a moment, Ampere. I would like to learn how to fight, and I hear you are quite experienced." It was a soft attempt to smooth things over, to move forward in the new life they must lead together, disguised beneath a logical exterior. But suddenly, Ampere's features morphed into a shade of hostility that the angel had not previously seen, and she realized that she and Ampere were not enemies. The new arrival, however, had clearly done something very wrong in the blue's eyes. She stepped away, avoiding the conflict, and settled to wait. Her gaze roamed over the gathering, listening to bits and pieces of conversation as they floated through the air around her.

And then, the dramatics were over (or, at least, they had shifted). Ampere's vocals rose and carried across the assembled members of the herd, and Sohalia found herself listening with rapt attention. The passion with which the blue spoke was invigorating. The ivory mare could see how she had risen to the throne. Africa's voice, when it came, was soft, but no less demanding of attention. As the mares traded roles, the angel began to see how they had separated the ranks, began to see the bigger picture of who was supposed to do what.

When her name was called, she was not surprised. She had not expected a return to her former title, but had longed for it even so, and somehow finding herself placed in the shoes in which she had excelled previously was a welcome similarity to the life she had led before. She stepped forward, her head bowed slightly with respect, as Africa addressed her, smile as she finished. "I would be honored to be your Forger. It is my desire to serve the Dragon's Throat as well as I may. I will not disappoint you." She stepped back again, blending into the crowd and listening to the continuation of the meeting. Astraeus crooned softly from her back, his own form of congratulations. He may not have understood the words, but he understood her pleasure, and that was enough for him.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Celebration of the Sun - Herd Meeting - by Africa - 03-16-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: Celebration of the Sun - Herd Meeting - by Hellä - 03-17-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: Celebration of the Sun - Herd Meeting - by Sohalia - 04-04-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: Celebration of the Sun - Herd Meeting - by Hellä - 04-05-2014, 09:22 PM