the Rift

once in the hands of fate...

Laviy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
LAVIY
DON'T SHED A TEAR FOR ME, I STAND ALONE

I do indeed accomplish what I wished, in fact the result is even better. A smug grin cuts my features as I hear the branches snapping above my head while the bothersome feather-brain attempts to halt it’s fall. Of course the screeching is an unexpected side effect, that I could have done without and I wince at each earsplitting rendition of the garbled birdsong. My next reaction is to duck instinctively as a swooping shadow falls from above. Apparently the troublemaker was not alone.

Turning back again I catch a glimpse of a swatch of night sky, very out of place in the dawning sunlight. That swatch flips like wings stretching out to shield it’s tumbling companion before the thing, whatever it is, retreats to the lower tree branches. I pay only enough attention to the parrot to assure myself that it has survived it’s fall before I move in an attempt to get a clearer look at the thing in the tree. I have no better luck than I did in catching a glimpse of my tormentor earlier.

With a sigh of regret I turn back to the bird, hoping to discover an easy way around it so I can find a better spot to watch this new oddity from. However, I find no bird. No, only a teetering winged mare who certainly was not there before. She calls herself Africa and apologizes for having startled me… well, I should think so! Where did she come from? How did she get there without me noticing and where did my bird go? Yes, my bird… I was by no means finished repaying it for it’s harassment and so until I do, I consider it mine.

I suppose it may have flown away while I studied the tree but I think I might have noticed and it surely didn’t look ready to fly again immediately. No, I am quite sure it was at least a little dazed. Peering intently around the hooves of Africa I look for signs of crushed bird body or hopping bird feet. I find neither…

Puzzled yet again I lift my gaze to the face of the stranger and my eyes fall on a glittering crown of winged lizards. Now I truly am startled and I stumble backwards muttering to myself in consternation. I have never seen a crown on one of my own kind before, though I’ve seen many who were soldiers. Crowns were always on the heads of beastly unicorns. I’d not even thought to look for one when this stranger appeared.

In my hasty attempts to put appropriate distance between us my hind legs slip landing my rear back in the muck. Deciding it is best to just remain still at this point I sweep my long, feathery wings forward to cover my bowed head. At least the useless appendages are good for something… hiding my shame.

“Forgive me majesty...”

I did not know, really I did not but I make no excuse for my delayed groveling. I know royalty has no use for such excuses. It is a good thing I remain unaware that she was the parrot or I’d be begging her to execute me as I deserve.

THIS PATH OF DESTINY, IS ALL MY OWN
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Africa]

Messages In This Thread
once in the hands of fate... - by Laviy - 03-17-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: once in the hands of fate... - by Africa - 03-18-2014, 04:45 AM
RE: once in the hands of fate... - by Laviy - 03-23-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: once in the hands of fate... - by Africa - 03-30-2014, 04:35 AM
RE: once in the hands of fate... - by Laviy - 04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: once in the hands of fate... - by Africa - 04-13-2014, 04:46 AM