the Rift

First sign of spring
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

The sun rose high above our land, cresting over distant treetops and washing the valley in a warm glow. I watched the painted colors of burnt blood stain a cloudy sky. A quiet morning is constantly broken by the thundering of water that had become white noise to my ears; it would seem this land was abundant in two things, water and the mentally unstable. Both of which were taking some getting used to. Chilled air is warmed in my lungs, leaving out between flared nostrils in a warm mist. Fina is nestled along spine where wings are folded tightly to retain heat. Her fire isn’t the flame others might feel if pressed against flesh, nay it is warm—like the folds of a mother’s barrel as she cradles her child.

Soft Frostfall flora is a moist carpet beneath my feet. The meadow I stand in is ringed by short hardwoods that give way to musky pine and cedar. I watch the sun in silence, lids halfway shut in contentment. A red sunrise was an omen of wind and rain to come—somewhere a storm would brew up. Already I could feel the northern wind kick up and race across my neck, scattering the thick tendrils of hair.

A storm was coming.

Why did that feel correct in the most basic of ways? This place was so unlike my homeland. The sun wasn’t nearly so hot, there was sand—but it was grainy and brown. Large clusters instead of finely ground gems that had been baked and molded down into microscopic atoms.

I missed them. Was such a thing considered sinful?

OCC: No magic, no companions.
Setting: Early morning, meadow surrounded by trees.
Word count: 271
Attack: (0,3)

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-28-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 05-01-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Sevin - 05-04-2014, 01:52 AM