the Rift

First sign of spring

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M A R C O

The sun peaked at the mountains in the distance. I could see it, but I vaguely had a sense there was light beginning to peer from the shadows. Nature was beautiful, and I was glad to be apart of the cycle. I wondered when the snow would melt and water the land's parched throat, but it would meant more. Maturity would be a possibility for an aging colt, but it was best not to allow Birdsong to spring so swiftly upon Frostfall's looming weather.

My eyes fell upon the meadow with ease. Something about it reminded me of an old home. I thought too often - repetitively - about it when I should stuff it into the back of my mind. Of course, I had only been here for a short period of time with no idea what was expected me as of yet. In my herd. My family where I could see the godly man leading, and a fierce Amazonian woman by his side. I had many stories to tell about my friends, and an old crush of mine upon Fia. Silly stories, but ones I hoped to charm my new-found family with. It made me wonder: should I mix in some of my infamous puns to go with it?

I was already beaming with elation as I entered the grounds unknown to me. Perhaps it was a familiar smell which brought up hopes. I picked up my slow pace towards the looming figure in the background in the midst of a near-spring landscape. Fortunately, my sense of smell told me right: a familiar face and a certain avian nestled into folded wings.

"Midas?" I asked; squinting to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I peered towards him with a wide grin spreading across my maw once I figured out it was him in person. "N-Nice day today, yes? I hoping Birdsong will arrive soon, don't you? I wish the snow goes away soon. It's c-cold!" I wiggled in excitement at meeting my leader alone. I wasn't sure how to act once I quieted down so I awkwardly bowed and mumbled "king, your Highness" under my breath. I added one more thing, "N-Nice day today."

OOC: Oops, sorry for delay and poor post quality D:
Word Count: 363
Attack: [0,3]
Summary: none

You will like my sense of humor
You will be addicted to my smile
Laughing all the while

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-28-2014, 08:42 AM