the Rift

[OPEN] snowdrift slumber
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I longed for the end of Frostfall, granted these dreary days were preferred to life inside a den. We weren’t wolves, our species needed light and sun, fresh air that didn’t always smell of someone’s bad tasting musk. Luckily, this cold didn’t bother me as readily had once upon a time; a full winter coat lay across my back, it had thickened, a sign that I’d been away from home for longer than usually desired. “You’re not going back.” Fina chided, softly clicking her beak together as she glided slowly overhead. “Nay, I’m not,” I whispered. Such a thing would mean turning back on my word, spitting at honor in the face of a god—and not just any god. But the lord of my fathers and their fathers.

Instead I enjoyed what distractions could be taken from my homeland and meadows of youth. It kept mind free of troubles that nipped at heels. Deep drifts slowed my gait and as I sloshed onward the familiar landscape gave way into a darkened shape that was plastered into the meadow. He lay quietly, possibly dead by how still the beast was. Thick body paused, my eyes flickering to him, ears erect; every fiber of my being was listening for life.

“He draws breath,” a certain phoenix chirped. Crown nodded, knowing she’d understand without words what was going to happen next. “Hail!” I called out, loud and chipper while my flesh began clomping forward again and kicking up snow in the wake of each step, “Is ye well friend?” Caution drove toward pausing again when a reasonable distance had been covered. Wings tightened themselves against my barrel.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-17-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-17-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-20-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-21-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-22-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-26-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-27-2014, 11:11 AM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-28-2014, 03:01 PM