the Rift

[OPEN] snowdrift slumber
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Whatever misgivings either one of us had carried into the conversation were quickly ushered off as we smiled at each other like good ‘olé kin. Wilibald explained his position in the world, admitting with some reluctance that my inquires had landed onto proper footing; I was intrigued by his response and the likelihood of a history rich in lore—but I kept silent the questions that fluttered alive--there would be ample time to pick at his brain later. For now I merely listened politely until he posed a return question, “Nay,” I replied with a knowing smile drifting upon my face, “I was sired and reared south of this meadow, on a patch of desert called, Dragon’s Throat.”

Just thinking about home sent a sharp pang of longing down the fleshy folds of my throat. “Though, I’ve left the clan of my fathers to follow a different path.” What would Da say to my decision to follow Earth? Alas, he wasn’t here to school words into my ears, nor would his ghost emerge from sleep to inspire a greater wisdom. “A land north of here, surrounded by the thunder of water and towering timbers of old--Hidden Falls shelters me now, a place ye would be most welcome in.”

An invitation, a choice. I wouldn’t be caught spreading poor rumors about my kin in the south; it was also hard to speak favorably about a herd I’d hardly gotten the chance to meet. My instincts warned that I’d need a friend in the coming weeks; and perhaps more than one.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-17-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-17-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-20-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-21-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-22-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-26-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Wilibald - 03-27-2014, 11:11 AM
RE: snowdrift slumber - by Midas - 03-28-2014, 03:01 PM