the Rift

[OPEN] It's A New World

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
StormBringer

The king surveys his new land proudly. It is odd to call it his, but the crown on his cranium, no matter how weightless and devoid of matter it may be, is very real. The Goddess of Night herself had granted it to him. So without hesitation he took up the mantle and tried to do his best in the role he'd been so gifted to receive. But it does not mean old habits do not die hard. He still patrols regularly, accompanying his soldiers, mingling among them. He will not be a ruler that parades as a divine, for he is their equal in so many ways. It is not his desire to rule those who do not know him, nor boss about the unwilling and create a rift between the herd. Kaj knew all too well what could happen in such a situation, as he'd been the cause of it when Lace had been appointed WeyrLeader. But their titles had been abolished. All was new, a fresh slate to make their marks upon, and it was more of a burden off his shoulders than he cared to admit. Perhaps he would make fewer mistakes that way.

Speaking of his brethren...

One wing tilts, a flash of tawny in his peripherals as he peers down at the two at the borders, intrigued. Nato is hard to miss, one of the sole unicorns in his flock, but the youth at his side is not someone he knows. Perhaps a new recruit? But as he watches, the colt flicks up his heels and prances into the new land. Kaj quirks a brow, not sure how to feel about his behavior, but deciding if Nato had recruited him that he was not too much of a threat. It didn't mean he couldn't emphasize his abilities of flight, however, and maybe introduce himself to the energetic stag as well. Humming softly to himself, he smiled wistfully and tilted a wing. The air rushed over the tops of his wings as he spiraled, careful to keep the frisky fellow in his sights beneath the boughs of the trees still bare with Frostfall's bite. As the branches kissed his hooves he spotted the next open area, tucked in his wings tight like a sparrow, and dove down into it. Immediately they opened again beneath the canopy, safe from the twigs above, and he landed with a solid thump before the gallivanting youth. Turning he shuffled his wings and rolled his large shoulders, a curious but guarded look upon his face, a distant smile curling his lips.

"Hello, young one," his voice rumbled like thunder, true to his title, but the smile was opposing the rather intimidating depth of his vocals. "Welcome to the World's Edge. I'm Kaj, the King of these lands. I assume Nato brought you?" Golden aurals flicked curiously, and he peered around the exuberant child to look for the Protector himself. The old warrior was a familiar face, and Kaj's softened in response, a warm smile stretching his lips as he moved closer to the wise fellow. "Ah, Nato," he greeted warmly, extending a muzzle in his direction, at his leisure to decide whether to return the gesture or not.

"You've done a fine job. Thank you." Icy blue eyes turned back to Cowboy, and he chuckled softly in the depths of his chest as he moved to return to the child's side. "Tell me young one, what is your name, now that I have told you mine?"

@[Nato] and @[Cowboy]

venomxbaby @ DA :: Blusl @ DA

Messages In This Thread
It's A New World - by Nato - 03-17-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: It's A New World - by Cowboy - 03-18-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: It's A New World - by Kaj - 03-27-2014, 12:22 AM
RE: It's A New World - by Nato - 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: It's A New World - by Cowboy - 04-28-2014, 03:03 AM