the Rift

[DROP] The final task

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

I was first to arrive back to the turtle. Somehow, i'm not even sure how, all the mold was long gone. My fire had helped, I was greatful for that. I had even been able to help clean the mold from the pegasus stallion's wing and the unicorn mare's horn. I was useful! Was I the only one to return to the turtle? Or would there be others from the other two groups we had broken into? I hoped there was others, and I also hoped Elsa was among those who return. She was like my mom after all. I feel safer by her side.

As the rest arrive, I keep my eyes on the turtle. I did not need to know who else comes unless Elsa does. He speaks to us all, thanking us for something called ingenuity and for caring about Helovia. Of course I wanted to take care of the place I was now calling home. It was my mother's birthplace. He then went on to ask us to show him how we would care for this very precious egg. But not only that, but protect it from danger and its care for when it hatches.

I stood in silence for the longest time, not watching to see if others went before me or if I was the first to speak. Even when I made my choice, I did not speak. He wanted us to show him right? What better way to show him then to build my idea right here... Even if I would not have exactly the same things back home in the Falls.

Quietly I moved about, there were not sutable limbs around here to build what I was imagining... Maybe there would be once the snow melted. I moved off a great distance, just barely in hearing range and began to make a fireball. The snow melted away from the heat, revealing sticks that I needed. I moved about, using the sticks and other glasses and leaves to make a nest much like the birds. I had to remake the fireball from time to time as I needed it, because I could never get them to last long enough.

At long last I had what I wanted. It was a small nest with high edges to try and help keep the wind off the egg. It was big enough that I could hold it firmly between my wings, but small enough that at night I could cover it with my wing to help keep it warm. Proud of what I had built, I moved back to the Earth Turtle and placed it in front of him. "I built this to help protect the egg from the wind, much like the momma and daddy birds do to keep thier babies safe. I made the walls high enough to try and keep the wind off him or her after hatching. I can use my fire magic to not only protect the baby, but keep warm as well." Here I paused for a moment, trying to figure out what it would eat. "While the baby is really little, i'll stay close and hunt for him or her. I won't let the baby out of my sight." Sure, I was still young... But Momma had protected me this way... Surely that was how all babies needed to be kept safe...

"Talk"

Messages In This Thread
The final task - by Random Event - 03-17-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: The final task - by Amani - 03-18-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: The final task - by Arah - 03-18-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: The final task - by Kari - 03-18-2014, 05:08 AM
RE: The final task - by Elsa - 03-18-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: The final task - by Random Event - 03-24-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: The final task - by Random Event - 03-24-2014, 09:26 PM