the Rift

[PRIVATE] They will know us; We will make them see

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Ulrik watched his cousin come over, and he quieted his pacing, coming to pause just in front of his much larger, muscular family member. Torleik had more than earned his respect. The stallion had not only challenged him for leadership but had pushed to be the general, bent on bringing glory to the herd and their kind. Also, he was family, and for as weird as Ulrik was, that still meant something. At least, it did to him. The Engineer had left his father's bachelor band, not out of anger, but out of upset. The warring tribe had not understood him or his creations, but they were still his family and on some days he missed them.

Not anymore. He had family now. Torleik.

Still, that did not fully calm the sour mood he was in, and the Engineer snorted in irritation, wrinkling his velvety, whiskered nose at the mention of his name. Torleik asked why he deserved to be maimed, and Ulrik grunted, the sound short and bitter deep in his chest. "He called me a knitter, Torleik," he growled, and perhaps that statement would have been funny if not for the dangerous glint in his bronze, mad eyes.

"The asshole of a doctor fell first in the battle against the Dragon's Throat, before you were here I think, he and Psyche both. I left. I am not stupid enough to fight a losing battle. He fell and disgraced us all and yet I am the knitter? Stupid enough to want to gather metal for the machine to save his sorry, lazy ass?" The stallion's voice raised as he ranted before he caught himself, pausing and quieting again. "Sorry." He muttered.

As he listened to his cousin's first request, Ulrik mulled over the idea thoughtfully. "I agree that this would be a good idea to forge brotherhood, however, I am not sure I can make something so simply metal. I forge machines, and I am limited if the band is not somehow autonomous - which may be entertaining..." he trailed off in thought, imagining the hilarity of Deimos starting at a machine leg band crawling up and down his upper thigh.

Ulrik watched the way Torleik straightened himself, blue eyes like brilliant lightning. He envied the way Torleik was so sure of himself and so eloquent, but in a way that was more filled with admiration. "I like the idea. If you can gather straight sticks, I will start on the standards. Any idea for a symbol? Crossed horns, perhaps?" he suggested.

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
RE: They will know us; We will make them see - by Ulrik - 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM