the Rift

[PRIVATE] The task

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The Time God waited, not so patiently, for whatever inner turmoil she was going through to come to rest. If he had fingernails, he would be examining them now, bored, with nothing else better to do. His cold, blue gaze never wavered, and he had all the time in the world to sit here and wait out whatever she was going through. He felt no sympathy for her emotional state; she needed to learn how to control it. Ophelia should have taught her that, but yes, the mother is conveniently absent, leaving him to step in - no one really wanted that.

Finally, he figured he had waited enough time and simply moved on to why he was truly here. Again, a moment of silence before she stammered something incoherent, and he glowered, trying to hide his irritation. The God of Time was hit with the questions only he possibly knew the answers to, and he grunted, preparing to speak more than a few words at a time.

"A long time ago, the gods made a pact to not interfere in each other's affairs. We are bound by this law so that the mortals do not bear the brunt of our arguments and burn in the process. I cannot go into my sister's land and gain information. I cannot question about her actions until I have proof, and I want you to find this proof," he said clearly, blue eyes alive and bright, filled with ancient wisdom and eons of knowledge.

He paused a moment and looked down at his daughter, frowning. "As for why you are, you are one of the fortunate ones. Your purpose is written plainly. You exist to provide a balance between the mortals and us, to protect the mortals in our fury and bridge the gap in our strengths. Only you and your half-mortals can hope to match us in a war," he said plainly, honestly. Lying was pointless. "Only you can choose how this destiny of yours will play out, but you have a noble purpose, one that very few will ever hope to have."

"You are of my blood. Half-god. I would not have created you out of folly or vanity. Your purpose is even to defy me when you seem it necessary, defy my siblings. Roskuld, whether you believe it or not, you are powerful, strong enough to change the course of history if you wanted." The God of Time blinked and then shrugged his shoulders a little, shifting his weight. "Or, you could disappear into the monotony of life, doing nothing," he replied.

"I ask you to find this information for me because you are my daughter and that still means something, even to me. Family is a bond of trust, and I trust you. Do you trust me?"

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Messages In This Thread
The task - by God of the Spark - 03-18-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: The task - by Roskuld - 03-20-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: The task - by God of the Spark - 03-28-2014, 10:28 PM
RE: The task - by Roskuld - 04-03-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: The task - by God of the Spark - 04-12-2014, 12:30 PM
RE: The task - by Roskuld - 04-19-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: The task - by God of the Spark - 05-21-2014, 09:24 AM