the Rift

[OPEN] Vad du anförtror åt mig...

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Vera shrieked, for she was closer to the carcass. She saw it move. Her body blended with the snow all to well as it skittered back to her bonded, crawling up the mare's nape, barely keeping her eyes above the flames to watch the...whatever it was.
It was slow, but for a good reason. The frozen condensation slipped from it's body reluctantly, hindering movement, certainly. Then she noticed how much it resembled a horse. It's condition seemed to heal, for lack of a better term, as she watched it. It's winds stretched, it's sides showed moving. The thing was not dead, not a mere carcass, but alive. It was breathing. Was it undead? It was the danger Alysanne had spoken of, that was sure. Was it the only one? Were there more? What were they, anyways?
The questions ripped and tore at Adele's mind, pushing any thoughts of her safety out hastily. It drove her stay in place, unmoving and eyes filled with a child-like sense of curiosity. The mare was aged, but her mind was new. As if someone had pressed a restart button. She simply had to recover the information she lost. And then some. This would be that some if a certain corpse would behave for her. She doubted it would, but there was always a possibility, yes?
No.
Definitely not. The thing whirled around with great agility for something one would originally perceive as dead. It had a forked tongue, grotesque liquid seeping from it's jaws, eyes that saw and lusted for only blood. It was, in short, a nightmare. It didn't scare Adele, that required a different grasp upon emotions. It disgusted her a bit, and she jumped when it turned to face her, but only because she wasn't expecting it to even be moving at the moment. She was more so fascinated by how it had come to escape the inevitable, for it had been so close moments before. How could something like that even exist? Another question she needed answered. Another reason to stay in the company of the demon.
Adele was locked in place as the beast spoke a single word: "Run"
Chills were sent up Adele's spine as she heard it, a fight or flight instinct rising within her. Shock was dulling whatever fear she had for the beast, kept her still as well.
'You heard it, c'mon,' Vera pleaded, claws digging into the mare's nape. Fear, so much fear came from the dragon. 'Run? I am a soldier of the Regime. We do not merely run. It is cowardly, my friend, never think of committing such a crime,' Adele hoped she sounded more level-headed than she felt. The words were said to calm and persuade herself rather than her companion. They both needed to hear them, though.
Mustering up what little courage Adele had been born with, she spoke, "What are you?"
The first question was difficult. But it was like the first drop of rain in the storm, the rest of the questions she had suppressed flooding her mouth with ease.
"Where did you come from? Do you have a gender? Are you one of many? If so, where are the rest of you? Can you fly? Do you like flying? Are capable of liking something? I mean, do you have emotions at all? I know you seem angry. What are you angry about? Why do seem so intent on hurting me of all horses? Do you have something against me, is that it? Oh, and who are you? Are you even a who? Do you even get the luxury of claiming a name or were you just that unfortunately thrust into the world, living without something to be called? Are you undead? Is that why you're mad? Are you jealous that I'm truly alive and you're not? I would be upset as well." Adele stopped herself there as she realized she was trying to communicate with a demon. She should be running, far, far away right now. But she wasn't. She was fighting every instinct she had.
Like it would answer her questions. If it didn't, then no matter, she would simply have to...as they say, put it out of it's misery. She was certainly not comfortable knowing such bloodthirsty beasts crawled her land.
Really, who wanted this thing around as it was?

text text text blah blah blah

Messages In This Thread
Vad du anförtror åt mig... - by Lace - 03-18-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: Vad du anförtror åt mig... - by Adele - 03-18-2014, 04:38 PM
RE: Vad du anförtror åt mig... - by Adele - 03-30-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: Vad du anförtror åt mig... - by Lace - 03-22-2014, 02:00 PM