the Rift

Clear Conscience [open/Mauja]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

She had expected a myriad of emotions from Mauja, mainly to cast a stern glance like one would to a child who was making up stories. However, the great stallion seemed to hide from her compliment, his angular face tilting down as his tail flashed nervously at his sides. Even though his white lashes touched his cheeks more often, his crystalline, blue eyes remained a mystery, hiding everything behind a wall of ice. Absently she wondered if he let down those walls for anyone, or was he just as alone as she was?

Delinne seemed to discount the gravity of her words with a smile and a shake of her head, and Ophelia closed her two colored eyes, inhaling deeply. The sound of Mauja's voice rang clear through her mind like it was happening just now only a few feet away. She stared at the spot where her knees had hit the ground as every ounce of joy and emotion that made her alive leaked out of her pores, leaving her empty. A shell. He had called her a vulture. "This is inconvenient. It'll be hard to drag her away." Cold. Cruel. To the point. How could those words have come from the same lips which spoke to her now?

Ophelia said nothing more. Instead, she took a moment to avoid eye contact with Mauja, afraid that the emotion of conflict and injury would damage his current view of her.

Ophelia was aware that she was being insulted by the spotted mare, but her words were so interesting that she gained a curious expression, tilting her head to the side just a little to consider those words. Metaphorically, she lived with ghosts - they haunted her mind incessantly. Just now, the ghost of another experience had reminded her about her near death. Ironically, the mare was right. She had seen a ghost, and she was pale. What an odd choice of words. Apparently she was also not allowed in the 'club' - whatever that meant. Obviously being from the Dragon's Throat meant that she was not allowed anywhere inside the borders.

Delinne took offense to being called fat, and she was surprised that Mauja had shot an insult back at the pinto. Ophelia stared him him curiously when he mentioned that both she and Delinne were friends. She was his friend? Was this simply a guilty conscience speaking after the incident with Deimos? She wanted to know, but she respected his mind too much to peer through his most intimate pages.

Almost as soon as she was there, she was gone. The pinto mare danced away in a fit of madness, and Ophelia's gaze watched as she left. And, as any true observer, the pale and crimson mare had spoken nothing at all. "That was... illuminating," she mentioned flatly. And his words angered her, and her two toned gaze flashed to him for a brief second. She blinked and the anger disappeared. "You do not know her?" she asked Mauja curiously, the chime-like tone of her voice ringing with a slightly more urgent pitch.

Deimos had not destroyed her life? Mauja had not threatened to drag her lifeless and inconvenient body out of the herdland?

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-18-2012, 01:25 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-20-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-25-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Delinne - 08-25-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-29-2012, 06:22 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM