the Rift

Clear Conscience [open/Mauja]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Did he narrow his eyes at her? The expression as so brief that she questioned whether or not it had appeared at all, but if he did, what reason did he have to mistrust her? She supposed that all Kings had to be generally distrusting of others, but she was coming here to apologize. What other motives could she be here for? Well... she was a spy, but she had heard that Mauja had spoken to Kri himself before. All of this was much too complicated for her simple desire to apologize for her previous actions.

Ophelia did not see herself as any creature of unique beauty or grace; she was simply herself, and she had no intentions of using her natural, striking appearance for her own gain. She seldom saw herself in a reflection, and even so, she was rather self-conscious of her strange colored eyes and the fact that she was so plain compared to her exotic sister. Everything about her was natural; she was comfortable in her own skin, unaware of its charms, but mildly displeased with a few features - a typical female.

She alluded to her memories and past, and she snorted bitterly at his comments about ghosts in her head. There were many, many ghosts in her head. Memories of shades, demons, wraiths that wanted to kill her and drag her body into the hell that was currently named 'Isilme'. He stepped from the borders of his land into a neutral zone, and she watched curiously. Was he trying to get her father from his borders or was this an attempt to metaphorically create common ground. Even though she found Mauja to be respectable, she did not think him kind or trusting enough to do so out of his gentle nature.

"I did," she replied honestly. "When I first arrived and was too young to understand why I could not forget the death of my birth place," she explained, though still rather cryptically. Ophelia was not keen on yet again baring her soul and history to one who would not do the same. Rishima had finally been open, but she doubted that Mauja would do the same.

Still, something drove him to stay and speak with her. Was it simply curiosity or the desire to study the enemy? Phi did not consider herself his enemy, but she supposed that she was not in a position that held her responsible for the lives of so many. His rakish grin was quite handsome on his pale features, and she chuckled as he called himself a lunatic. "I would be hesitant to describe myself as such, but I too, very much enjoy the snowfall. Most of this summer I spent elsewhere, for the Throat was much, much too miserably hot for my tastes."

Kindly, she smiled. "Though I suppose some lunacy is warranted after this terrible Tallsun," she added in an effort to cushion his feelings in case her words had stung. But he did call himself a lunatic - that was on him. He asked then if she had ever seen the ocean from up high, and the crimson and white, young mare shook her head. "I have not. Never have I visited somewhere with an overlook to the sea. I am sure it is beautiful," she commented. Was this going to be an invitation into the land?

And if it was... was it safe to follow?

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-18-2012, 01:25 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-20-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-25-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Delinne - 08-25-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-29-2012, 06:22 AM
RE: Clear Conscience [open/Mauja] - by Ophelia - 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM