the Rift

[OPEN] The Color of Kinship

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri

I think that forgiving yourself for something that you've done to someone is one of the hardest things to do. It is so much easier to isolate yourself and wallow in the pool of self pity and loathing that you create for yourself. Forgiving yourself gives you a freedom. It lifts a weight off of you and makes it so much easier to breathe. So much easier to live. With each passing minute that I spent talking to him I could feel the weight lifting from my shoulders. I realized how pointless it was for me to wallow in self pity and loathing instead of just moving on with my life. Just because I did something bad didn't have to mean that my whole world stopped unless I wanted it to and I was too young for my world to just stop.

It seemed silly when I thought about it, to cry over something that I'd had little control over. Yes, I had hurt my family but I could make amends. I could beg for their forgiveness and if they didn't forgive me I would still love them, but I would move on with my life. It would always be there in the back of my mind and on my pelt, the evidence that I had attacked someone I loved and they had fought back.

I coughed and ducked my head down one last time to wipe my face on my legs then looked at Dragomir again. "You're really nice." I said. "And patient." I probably could have thrown out a hundred compliments at him just because he had been so nice to me when I didn't even want to be nice to myself.

I smiled a watery smile and reached my nose out to touch Dragomir's cheek if he would allow it. "You look sad." I said softly, my frown fading until it was replaced by a frown. "You shouldn't be. No one deserves to be sad forever." Even if he had tried to kill someone. In the end he hadn't gone through with it and felt remorse for doing what he had done. How long he would allow himself to feel guilt would be up to him, just like it was my choice for how long I chose to carry my own guilt with me.

"I'd like to call you a friend." I thought that maybe a change of subject would be best for the both of us because I was tired of crying and I was sure he was tired of watching me cry. "Would you allow it?"

@[Dragomir]

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 03-19-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Ranjiri - 03-28-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 04-02-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Ranjiri - 04-09-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 04-11-2014, 10:33 AM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Ranjiri - 04-19-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: The Color of Kinship - by Dragomir - 04-21-2014, 12:17 PM