the Rift

[PRIVATE] Like the dawn, I rise again (CLOSED)

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Sohalia, the angelic winged mare, does not say much more to me. Instead, she comments on the actions of her bonded, Astraeus, with Africa's bonded, Silas. I smile softly at the winged companions. I have nothing against companions, really, but I am not sure I could ever have one. I am more of the lone wolf type. Even if I had one, I would want to give it as much independence as possible. The way some equines treat their companions is appalling. However, I don't think this is the case with these two mares. Though I sense the relationship is still developing between Sohalia and Astraeus, it is clear they each care about their bonded, and their bonded cares about them. It brings warmth to my heart.

Though Africa shrugs at my wandering gaze, brushing off my unvoiced concerns, I feel the moment of tension in the air. But it passes almost as quickly as it came, and I feel my own relief. I do not want my friend to be in pain. Gamboling, as wonderful as it may be, does need to be moderated now and then. Everything in moderation. I move forward silently, closing the distance between us, and press my nose to the pink, mottled flesh where her wing is missing. I cannot heal it, or bring back her wing, but I realize that I wish I could. If I had the power to do any such thing, I would. I try to communicate this with my gaze to her, and step back, giving the lovely dove room. I realize after this that perhaps I crossed a line by invading her space. Quietly, I finally speak. "Forgive me, I am sorry."

I smile at her apologetically, then a little more happily at Sohalia. Backing up so I am comfortable to talk to them both, I reexamine the situation I am now in. It is time for me to make a move, to make a request. Though I am loathe to talk, there is only so much I can say with my eyes, my body language. "I wish to rejoin the Dragon's Throat herd, if you have a place for me. I do not know who the leaders are here anymore." Of course, I do not know that there has been a darkness over Helovia, or that the reign has changed. All I know is things are not what they used to be.

Walk walk walk. Talk talk talk.
Tag: @[Africa], @[Sohalia]
Brush Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-21-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-21-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-21-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Andromeda - 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Sohalia - 05-06-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Like the dawn, I rise again - by Africa - 05-18-2014, 12:51 AM