Let there be Light

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

[Chan I just have to say you are a beautiful writer and make such different characters, it's a joy rping with you <3]

It didn't take long for Ampere to feel foolish (it usually didn't) as Riel began to explain her unusual wings, such as they were to Ampere. The golden girl was kind, enormously so, and the creeping embarrassment Ampere felt was placed on her shoulders by her own hooves, but it didn't change the sensation any less. Sometimes it was easy to forget she was still a child herself; the world was good at asking that of her young.

"It's fine, the walk will give us more time to talk," Ampere said with a smile, quickly picking up pace beside Riel. "We'll have to fly together at least once though, for fun." Ampere winked then fell quiet, letting Riel finish. As she did, Ampere kept one ear trained on her steady voice, while the other flicked back and forth, her gaze at times sweeping through the trees and peering into the shadowy depths of thickets and shrubs. The forest was a complex mixture of noisy silence, but if you paid enough attention, it would whisper to you of its dangers.

"Seems like mortals will always find something to call a god," Ampere began with a mutter, her gaze shifting back to Riel. "Always needing something to be envious of and ...something to blame." She shook her head and sighed slowly, the sound whistling through her nose. "In the end though, we always have to save ourselves, otherwise why exist?"

Ampere paused, then laughed abruptly, realizing she may have gotten too deep on that subject.

Helovia had gods, ones Ampere was even beginning to trust, but she did not expect prayer alone would save her soul, and she didn't want it to. The God of the Sun's light had lit up the path for her to walk, but her hooves had been the ones to make that trip.
"Normal is okay, but it might be fun to be a god," Ampere said with a sly smile, her gaze peering sideways at Riel, whom she noticed was growing more comfortable. Ampere was loosening up too, her crown forgotten in the company of someone so easy to talk to. "You could convince them to stand on one leg and serenade you - everyone knows that makes prayers travel faster."

Ampere grinned as Riel continued to talk, telling of her friend Kehar. It reminded Ampere of Taz and Zar, and her heart ached in a way that was both happy and sad. She hoped if they could find anyone from her herd it would be this elemental boy, just so the sparrow wouldn't have to feel that. Family is one thing, but a friend you grew up with was quite another.
"Do you mean magic?" Ampere asked after laughing about Kehar. Around them the dead leaf litter of the forest and topsoil began to shift. It vibrated at first, with a gentle hum, the sound gradually increasing as the substance turned a bluish color and finally with a pop! shifted into a spark. The multitude of them drew into one another, creating a mass of hissing, jumping electricity. Ampere was grinning, absorbed like a craftshorse in her work as she shaped the lightning orb into a small bird. She sent it flittering around the air in front of them, its song the low, but steady hum of pure energy; beautiful, but dangerous. "Like this?"

"Many here are magical, though this place definitely has more of it than others I saw in my childhood, when I traveled." Ampere let the bird lead them, smiling at it with a fondness rarely shown otherwise. These creatures often comforted Ampere - she understood the allure of all those who bonded to companions, but that understanding did not make it any more right.

The forest thinned as the girls walked south, each sharing bits of themselves and their past.

[I thought we could end this thread here and if you want start a new one in the Throat?]

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Let there be Light - by Riel - 03-21-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 03-21-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Riel - 03-21-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Riel - 03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 04-01-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Riel - 04-12-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Let there be Light - by Ampere - 04-13-2014, 12:22 PM