the Rift

[OPEN] welcome home, soldier || Oras, Seele, Midas

Oras Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 10dfhpt.png]

Oras

Oras did not consider himself racist, not by any means, but he certainly did favor the company of unicorns over the winged and their less exotic cousins - the simple equines who bared no extra appendages. But it was times like these he wished he was winged, gifted with flight, able to soar above the ground much faster than any unicorn or equine could even gallop. Then he wouldn't have to trudge all the way to his new home on land, baring the wary journey over unfamiliar, and increasingly dangerous turf.
"We're here."
It was Delinne's voice that shattered his thoughts. She had been casting glances at him every now and then, occasionally smiling and such. He hadn't paid much attention to it, when he saw her doing it he'd just return her gaze with a smirk.
At least their journey was over. The Hidden Falls was magnificent, it held a very fitting name.
"There you are! I got worried when you didn't reply!"
Del was back to talking Oras moved his dark blood gaze downwards to see that the mare hugging a large black feline of sorts. It must've been her bonded. Aryel had a bat thing that she had a 'bond' with. Perhaps it was common nowadays.
Oh, but what was this? A foal was running towards them, a shimmering coat of gold seemed to catch the light in every right way. He would grow to be a handsome sight - that was for sure. A pang of envy hit Oras as he realized he'd never be a pinnacle of god-like beauty, similar to the little foal. His dull black coat did not behave quite as well in the sunlight. There was the shadows - he blended in perfectly with those. Except for his long, blue horn and lighting bolt markings. They stood out no matter what. He supposed he was just cursed to be an outsider, unable to fit in with the shadows, insanely dull in the sun.
"Oras, this is my companion Dezba and my son Azarel. Dezba, Azarel - this is Oras. He's going to join us."
That explained a lot. Oras offered a weak smile to the newcomers, briefly wondering who the mare's mate was. She was terribly flirty, did she behave so with every stallion? Perhaps that explained why she had a son.
She nudged his shoulder, Oras taking it as his cue to say something. He had been mostly silent so far. "I hope to become a member worthy of such welcoming horses," Oras smiled, giving Delinne a slight nudge back and a lopsided grin. His words were pretty pathetic, but it was all he could think of.
"Okay everyone, come now. Let's take you to our leaders, Oras."
Back to walking. Yippee.
"Seele! Midas! I have someone here for you."
Who were they? The leaders maybe? At least he knew now that Delinne wasn't lying about her herd.
She cast a smile at him and he returned it, tossing his bicolored mane and letting his gaze rest on her. What in the world had this mare been through? She wasn't your everyday sight.

--

-showers with multitudes of 'i'm sorry's for late post-
@[Delinne] @[Midas] @[Seele]

Messages In This Thread
RE: welcome home, soldier || Oras, Seele, Midas - by Oras - 03-26-2014, 12:25 PM