the Rift

Get Smashed.Gatecrash.

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
Arlo

It was cold. Very cold. I awoke, shivering and wondering where the hell I was. The last thing I remembered was leaving my blackened dove looking out upon the white crested chariots of Poseidon. My gut was telling me that now was a very long time ahead of that one. Somehow time had escaped me, rollicking ahead gaily with no thought to how I would catch up with it. Yet again, I had been broken down and tormented by my very own psyche. Tortured soul that I was, it seemed that this was only par for the course. Nothing looked set to change or improve.

I dug my front pillars into the earth’s crust and attempted to drag myself up and onto my hooves. Every inch of me ached, so that even this simple move was agonising. The ache was well within my bones, along with the cold. It made me pray for death, if only fleetingly. My joints creaked as if I was far older than my few summers spent upon earth. My pools looked out fuzzily from my dial. Everything was slightly blurred, as if there was fog upon the hills. I shook my cranium in frustration, as if to shake the webs from my altered brain, and in turn from my sight. Alas, it failed, and everything remained indistinct.

I tried to place one foot in front of the other to move forward, if only in direction, rather than life. But again, like every other fibre of my being, my pillars didn’t want to co-operate. I tripped and stumbled onto my knees, scraping them on the hard dirt surface. I winced as the soil scraped against my raw skin, causing a few drops of my life force to spill.

Enough was enough right? I grunted as I pushed on past the pain and forced myself to move forward, towards home. Where was home, or more importantly, where was I? I couldn’t remember a thing. All I knew was that I was in some serious pain, and severely dehydrated, my mouth was rough and thick with the lack of water. I bellowed out in frustration, a deep, guttural sound that shook the birds from the trees with an almighty clatter.

Slowly, as I stood there contemplating my next move, my instinct kicked in. It pulled me due north stumbling and tripping through the undergrowth blindly for my eyesight still refused to clear and my joints were as stiff as a corpse. It seemed an age before I started to recognise anything remotely familiar, but finally my nostrils picked up the familiar desperate scent of the threshold and safety.

My bones were screaming at me stop, my eyes were longing to drift closed and my brain was so tired that I occasionally didn’t pick up my hooves and nosedived into the earth. But eventually I made it, knees bloodied, banner tangled, pelt dulled and pools leaden. Virtually unrecognizable to all bar the few who hopefully knew me well enough. My commander, perhaps. My dove, oh I could only hope!

I wanted to continue, forth to the marsh, to where I could find my fellow brethren. But for now the threshold would have to do as my body had revolted and refused to do anything I asked of it..

admin edit; imi fixed your table :P

Messages In This Thread
Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 03-24-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Oxy - 03-24-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 03-24-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Oxy - 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 03-26-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Oxy - 03-26-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: Get Smashed.Gatecrash. - by Arlo - 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM