the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Mama... Where were you? It had been a few days since I saw her last and her absence worried me. What if she had been hurt? Or trapped? Or taken as prisoner again? I had no desire to find her imprisoned again because last time was good enough.
I sighed and looked at the necklace around my neck. It was something I had found in one of the half-frozen ponds back in the Falls, just glimmering beneath the surface like a treasure. And a treasure it was. It was a golden chain, decorated with three charms that seemed too good to be true. A red star for Destry, a purple lightning bolt for Mother and... An orange flame for my Father. Oh, it hurt so much to think about Father. I had only met him twice in my young life, yet I had searched for him endlessly without result. "Father..." I mumbled, feeling the lump in my throat return. No. I had to be strong when Mother wasn't near me. I had to be strong.

Looking up with dual colored eyes, I gazed over my surroundings and set off into gallop, rushing through the shallow snow. I was close to the Threshold - as Mother had called it - and I had set my course to the Deep Forest. I didn't know why... But I guess I had like a.. hunch, that something was going to be there and it would be exciting. I felt a bit insecure though, because the darkness around me seemed to gang up on me, trying to scare me even though it should know by now that I wasn't very easily scared anymore. Not after what had happened with Mother and Dezba.

I smiled whenever I thought of Dezba. She had always been there for me, never being able to communicate with each other but I had still been able to understand her in my own way. She was like a second Mother to me - even if that was impossible because she was a feline, not an equine - and I couldn't help but imagining my own bonded. If I ever had the chance to earn a companion like Mother had, I would've chosen a feline too. A male feline, so that we would understand each other better.
Sure, it would've been nice with a female one too, but it just felt better with a male. Maybe to forget the loss of my Father. I slowed down, giving up a heavy sigh as I stopped moving. It hurt... so much.. to think about Father. He had reminded me of a lion, when I first opened my eyes and seen him stand there next to Mother. Ready to defend her, always brave for her. Yeah, a lion... I would choose a male lion, if I ever got the chance to prove my worthy for a companion.
Because I would. I would do anything to even have the shortest bond if it meant that I would never have to be truly alone again.

I looked up again and stared at the scene in front of me. Four horses - mares - stood there, three bowing in front of the fourth one who was.. Purple? And she looked like my sister, with both wings and a horn, and she had a slim, fleshy tail with a plume on the end instead of one like mine. Confused, I looked at my own tail and swooshed it over my golden hide. It would've been cool to have a tail like Purple. My gaze flickered over the three others - two unicorns and a pegasus -, only slightly noticing their beauty. But they were nothing compared to my Mother's beauty, or Circuta.

Excited and curious, I trotted closer to Purple and did what the other did - I bowed. Purple felt important and it was only right to treat her like she was. I honestly had no idea who she was, but I was more than ready to find out. "Hello, beautiful. My name is Azarel, soldier of the Hidden Falls," I said and I tried to keep my voice strong. The lump in my throat was long gone, but I had to make sure it didn't come back in front of this beautiful unipeg. Something about her felt out of this world, as if she was really, really, really important. Who was she?

"Talk as if we were in the Golden Age."

ooc // Azarel has come to quest for a (Masai) Lion-companion. His wishlist. He wants a companion because he has recently lost his Father and he needs a friend/soulmate to help him through hard times throughout his life <3
wordcount // 725
tags // -
coding by Ina
art by Sei
flame brushes by spirk-a-doodle.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by God of the Moon - 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Sheba - 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Aurelia - 03-24-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Hotaru - 03-25-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Morir - 03-25-2014, 08:44 AM
RE: Quest Drop #12 Dark | Wind - by Illynx - 03-25-2014, 11:01 AM