the Rift

[PRIVATE] i'm a young lover's rage

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow

I DON'T FOLD UP AND I DON'T BOW

Despite his dragon's steadily shaking form, she has enough of her wits about her to send him a mental image of an approaching pegasus, and he turns swiftly to look. It's a mare, her shoulders hideously deformed with the feathered wings of a bird, but her pelt is tinted in a handsome purple hue and if it wasn't for her plumage, she could even be called attractive. A heady mix of disgust and barely-restrained revulsion rise within his chest, but he keeps his expression steady, remembering what he has been tasked with. Sensing his internal struggle, Cynder's mental caress touches the furthest reaches of his brain and she speaks gently to him, as a mother dragoness would reassure her hatchling. "Dragons have wings too," she points out, and the hellion concedes she has a point. He has always hated pegasi slightly less than unicorns, yet their wings were constantly a source of stomach-churning hatred within him - they were not dragons. But, for his bonded to point such a thing out, it reminds him that the simple presence of wings does not make a creature hideous, despite what he has spent eight years thinking.

Yet to his blinkered eyes, anything different is wrong and must be disposed of. It will take more than his dragon's wise words to jerk him out of the shallow-minded belief system that is so deeply engrained into his flesh that it marks him like a scar.

With these thoughts churning in his mind, he barely notices that the mare is actually approaching him until she is close enough for him to see every feather on her queer protuberances. He snaps his slate gaze away from them and to her eyes, which look dull, lifeless. He is inexperienced with how to make small talk with vermin, but if he is to complete this damned quest then he's going to have to learn, and fast. Her somewhat downtrodden expression is a good starting point. "You look upset," he remarks, trying to ignore how stupid and cheesy that sounds in his mind. "Who have you lost?" He hopes it's an accurate guess, as he has only seen eyes like that in men and women who have lost loved ones - surely that has to be the same across all species.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Messages In This Thread
i'm a young lover's rage - by Tyradon - 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: i'm a young lover's rage - by Irrydae - 03-31-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: i'm a young lover's rage - by Tyradon - 04-01-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: i'm a young lover's rage - by Irrydae - 04-02-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: i'm a young lover's rage - by Tyradon - 04-08-2014, 05:01 PM