the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Forgers (Crafter)

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Astraeus responded to Cashmere's giggle with obvious delight, preening himself handsomely and puffing out his chest. He began to strut back and forth along his bonded's back, clearly showing off. Sohalia smiled and rolled her eyes, though her teasing exasperation was lost on her young companion. "Alright, then, you silly creature. Go on," she told him, allowing him to flutter quickly from her spine and toward the unicorn. He hovered for a moment in front of her face, flapping his wings hard to stay in place, searching her eyes for something (though it was difficult to determine what, exactly, he was looking for). Then, with a cheerful chirp, he pulled himself up and over, landing softly and carefully on Cashmere's back. He was very careful not to startle her, and that alone was enough to draw a small chuckle from his bonded. "He certainly likes you well enough," she told her friend with a grin.

With that out of the way, she turned her attention again to the real reason for Cashmere's visit. The unicorn asked if ore was the angel's craft and, noticing the unsure expression on the mare's face (not knowing, of course, that the real reason was the Voice), Sohalia jumped to answer. "Yes, exactly!" she said with enthusiasm, adding a bit of praise to her lyrics. Astraeus coos quietly, picking up on his bonded's attempt to cheer the girl. "The best thing about my craft is that I am not limited to any one substance," the pegasus began to explain as she walked toward the vein of iron she had found earlier. "I can take any ore from the earth - gold, silver, bronze, iron, any metal at all - and shape it to my will."

Her words began to slow as she pulled on her magic, transferring some of her attention into the ground as she coaxed the iron through cracks in the earth. "Here in the desert, it's quite easy to... excavate. The ground beneath our feet is... far from solid, so the metal can move between the grains of sand... and... surface!" And with that, iron moved from the ground into the air, grains of sand draining from its surface as it rose. Though it was not molten, the metal had taken on an almost liquid-like quality, molding and shaping to her will in the air. She allowed it to harden and settle in an unmoving block on the sand.

"You see, I like to store my metals in blocks because they are easy to stack, but it's quite easy to break off the bits and pieces that I need. My magic can act however I need it to - like a knife, to cut through the metal; like a hammer, to beat the metal into sheets; and so on. I am working with steel to build the wall - or I was, before the sea took that portion of our land. This, though, will make an excellent, strong chain. It's also quite heavy, so we could use it for statues. Or we could make it into a gate. The possibilities of iron are quite endless, actually, since it's so malleable, and it takes a lot of heat to melt, so it lasts for a long time." Her eyes had glazed over as she rambled, and when she realized how far off topic she had gotten, she smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry. I was a scholar, before I was a crafter, so the properties of the metals I work with is very intriguing to me."

"Talk talk talk."
VenomXBaby
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
The Forgers (Crafter) - by Cashmere - 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Sohalia - 04-10-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Cashmere - 04-13-2014, 12:22 AM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Sohalia - 04-13-2014, 02:08 AM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Cashmere - 04-21-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Sohalia - 05-06-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Cashmere - 05-30-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Sohalia - 05-31-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: The Forgers (Crafter) - by Cashmere - 06-02-2014, 01:42 PM