the Rift

[PRIVATE] what the hell do i do. [africa!]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
@[Africa], we may thread, finally! :D

I stand on miles upon miles of desert where there are probably small animals (probably) burrowing in the sands. It'd be smart for me to hide this egg under layers of sand and just walk away, but I cannot bring myself to do that. Instead, I watch it until the ivory encasing shatters open revealing the head of a legless serpent, I close my eyes for a second. I hope I am not imagining this. I haven't gotten much sleep recently. Immediately after I reopen my eyes, the serpent slithers out of it's egg. I stare at it, half in shock and half in confusion. Do I let it go free or nurse it until it's older than let it go? I chose the second option and left the snake unnamed for now. Note, the stallion with Sabel, had offered the name Shilva, but I was still unsure if I should name it, or let it choose it's own name when it is freed into the wild.

What the hell do I do?

The image of Africa and Silas glitters into my confused brain. She would know what to do, she did, after all, she does have a companion of her own. Could I have a companion of my own? On some level, it feels wrong to steal an animal and make it mine, but isn't that what is supposed to happen? The snake curls around the ground for a few minutes, wondering how to look graceful while slithering, most likely. I am not perfect, neither are the horses around me. We can all make the wrong decision, but there is a chance the correct one will be chosen. Am I supposed to choose for myself?

Will I be able to do the right thing later if I chose the wrong thing now?

I take a deep breath in and allow myself to watch over this young animal. It's a coppered color, but it doesn't blend that easily into the orange sand. It'd probably blend well at home, in the woods. I cannot do anything, but watch the little baby look around with new eyes and allow myself to sigh. My lips part and I call her name. "Africa...?" My soft voice is carried far in the open expanse. I hope she will hear, or else I may be forced into leaving without seeing her. Plus, how am I supposed to carry this animal now?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
what the hell do i do. [africa!] - by Aurelia - 03-26-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: what the hell do i do. [africa!] - by Africa - 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: what the hell do i do. [africa!] - by Aurelia - 04-21-2014, 11:20 PM