the Rift

[OPEN] Hunger

Ruske Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ruske;;
above all, do no harm.

Perhaps a certain lightness of frame rendered the mare more susceptible than others I had known. Belatedly, I wondered if the difference could be so vast – or perhaps the difference in species took some noticeable effect? I recalled nothing useful about the inner workings of the hornless beings – hadn’t they always seemed much the same? I must assume the severity of her reaction an individual case; I could hardly take time as I shepherded her to safety for pushing other thin mares into freezing water. At any rate, the touch of her frigid skin to my own distracted my wandering attention; flinching from the contact I expelled a hard breath, which as it went became a short, bitter cough.

She was cold.

I hoped my proximity might do her good, even as I wondered with some concern how deep the cold had penetrated. I had nearby nothing warm for her to drink, nothing to drape over her – nothing. Even my attempts at drawing further explanation from her received only more confused muttering: the sea, blue waves and sand… I sighed, supposing a beach likely lay somewhere near the World’s Edge, where the cliffs finally ended. But should I bother taking the chance and searching, or merely return us to my own home?

For that matter, in which direction was my own home? I ascertained the vague direction of north from memory – the side of the meadow I had entered – but quickly wondered if perhaps I, too, was lost. Teeth gritted, I supposed I had no hope but to trust intuition – a practice I despised. North we would go, the sun high and cold overhead, the mare shivering at my side. I decided I should do my best to keep her awake and lucid. ”I will take you there but you must remain on your own feet, and tell me if you feel much worse."

[ @[Mermaid] Going to start a new thread now x3 ]

Messages In This Thread
Hunger - by Ruske - 03-27-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Hunger - by Mermaid - 03-29-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: Hunger - by Ruske - 03-29-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Hunger - by Mermaid - 03-29-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ruske - 03-29-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Hunger - by Mermaid - 04-06-2014, 02:35 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ruske - 04-06-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Hunger - by Mermaid - 04-07-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: Hunger - by Ruske - 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM