the Rift

[PRIVATE] the flame child & the homeless girl

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
As I walked through the shallow snow, I couldn't help but replaying the scene where Mother left with Dezba. "We're going out to explore," she had said. But that was three days ago, and she still hadn't returned. Neither of them. With a heavy sigh, I let my golden head hang low. I missed Mother. And sister. And Father... I cringed as an image of my father started to form in my head. "Go away." I mumbled and turned my ears towards my neck, slightly ruffling the feathers that were woven there. Another cringe. I would never be able to let Father go. Wherever I turned, he would be there - he would always be there whether I liked it or not. Glancing down at the necklace around my neck - with the three charms bouncing against my chestbumps as I moved - I realized that I didn't want to forget Father. He had been a warrior, and I would follow his hoofprints until the end of my days. A soldier ready to fight for what he loved.
A smile crossed my lips as I rose my head and started to move again. 'Oh, dad, I miss you. But I will not disappoint you,' I thought, still smiling.

My feathered hooves moved through the white snow, toward the mountains, and I started to think about that I had grown so much in the last year. So much had happened, and I had met so many. Some hadn't been nice at all while some had become my best friends. Like... Cypress, and Abishia. Circuta and Brighid too. My memory of them was clear as if it had been yesterday, but especially one filly stood out... Abishia. That pretty filly had played with me in the waves of the Endless Blue, in the middle of the night, and neither of us had even the slightest worry about anything. That was before I had seen my Father die right in front of me and my family, before I had seen my Mother tortured in so many ways... Before I had realized how much responsibility lies upon my shoulders. I didn't get much deeper into my thoughts before I heard a loud whinny, not very far from me.

Hope glistening in my dually colored eyes, I set off into a canter towards the source of the whinny, kicking up snow on the way. I prepared myself for just about anyone, perhaps one in need, but nothing could prepare me for what I saw. My eyes sparked wide-open and the only thing I could do was stare. "Oh, my holy spirit..." I whispered, staring at the young mare in front of me.
Her long - very long - hair danced in the cold air, her head raised with eyes closed. The filly's hide was covered in chestnut and milk, running down her shoulders and flanks down to her legs. She was stunning and so mature, yet I would've recognized her anywhere. "Abishia?"

"Talking."

ooc: :DD
wordcount: 492
tags: @[Abishia]

Messages In This Thread
the flame child & the homeless girl - by Abishia - 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 03-30-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 03-31-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 04-01-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 04-02-2014, 06:43 AM