the Rift

[PRIVATE] the flame child & the homeless girl

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
And as she turned her head, I was stunned. My tongue got stuck, making it impossible for me to speak. How much time had really passed since that moonlit night? Because this wasn't the same filly anymore, she was all grown up. I watched as she raced down the slight hill in front of me, as she came closer I noticed how much she had matured since we last met. 'Abi... God, she's beautiful,' I thought, staring at her. 'Azarel, stop staring,' I told myself, but I just couldn't. The filly halted in front of me, only to stretch her neck and bump her velvet soft muzzle into mine. Milky white skin against golden and it felt like heaven.
"I can't believe my eyes... Is it really you? Azarel?" I closed my eyes for a second, a smile lurking on my pale lips, before I looked into her eyes and nodded slightly. "It's me." I whispered, almost breathed the words. Before she dropped her head to the ground, I noticed tears in her blue-brown eyes. 'Oh, Abishia, don't cry,' I thought, observing her. The young mare shook her head as in disbelief and then rose her beautifully carved head to look into my eyes.

"My Aza, I thought I had lost you too." she said, and now it was my turn to shake my head. "I'm not easy to get rid of, dear Abi." I laughed and saw a smile cross her milky lips. "I-I guess we aren't foals anymore..." Another laugh escaped my kissers and I believed to hear a little giggle from the beauty herself. Suddenly she came closer and I rose my head a bit in shock, but then lowered my head to her level again. She parted her lips again, and I flicked both ears forward to catch every word she was about to speak.
"But our time apart doesn't mean things have to change. I miss those carefree nights, playing in the waves and giggling alongside you. I had never forgotten you; you were always there in the back of my mind. Why don't we give each other those days back? Tell me all that has happened, and I will do the same."

The smile on my lips disappeared and was replaced by a sad frown as I took in what she had just said. All that had happened since we parted... There was too much sadness, too much gore, to tell a young beauty about what had happened to me. My gaze wandered off and I slowly turned my ears against my neck. My Father's golden feathers ruffled under the touch of my ears, making me cringe slightly. "I... I can't." I glanced at her, watching her as she gazed upon the sky, and I saw the smile across her lips. "Then, tonight, if you would ever join me, we could play in the waves." I cringed and turned my head to her again, my face was pained by the memories I had wanted to forget since I came back to this land. "Abi, I'm not sure you want to hear what I've been through. But I will tell you." I whispered, raising my head to not risk a headbump between her beautiful forehead and my almost full-grown horn.

"I never found my father, but my sister found me and my mother instead. And then she disappeared... Mother and me escaped Helovia when the darkness came - without her. And we met such horrible creatures outside Helovia, equines of all species that found us, took us in and used us. Especially Mother. There was this band of stallions... who invited me to their group, but they took Mother as their prisoner and..." I cringed and turned away my head, closing my eyes tightly as the repressed memories came to the surface. "They mounted her. All of them. And some days, they forced me to watch." I spoke with my teeth tightly shut, feeling the anger burn inside of me as the image of the stallions invaded my mind. "These wounds upon my body is from my experience outside of Helovia." I glanced at them, before I looked down on the ground again. My heart ached at the thought of my Mother being hurt - on purpose - and I felt like.. I was burning.
And I was. Somewhere along the trip to the repressed memories, my shoulder had started burning silver, white flames covering a third of my left side and lighting up the area around us.

I opened my eyes wide in shock, and as I realized what was happening - slowly calming down - my shoulder stopped burning. My gaze wandered slowly to Abishia, awaiting her reaction as I started to talk again. My eyes focused on the ground instead as I lowered my head beneath her's, letting a heavy sigh escape my lips. "When we came back, we found the Sanctuary by the Heart. We reunited with my sister, and mother's friend, but also... I met my father there. He... He died right in front of us." I rose my head as I spoke the last sentence and showed her the tears that had left streaks on my gold cheeks. "These feathers in my mane are his. It was my sister who placed them there, only minutes after his death." More tears started running down my cheeks and my shoulder slowly started to burn again, this time it was calm flames instead of a bursting bonfire. Like a candle being lit in a room without wind.

"Since his death, I have followed Mother pretty much anywhere. She led me - accidentally - to the Hidden Falls, which I have heard was known as the Windtossed Foothills before. I'm a soldier now, an unspoken promise I made to my father when he died. I'm following his hoofprints..." I said, and my voice was so low you would think I was almost whispering. I took a deep breath before I looked into the filly's eyes and gave her a small smile. "And what about you?"

"Talking."

ooc: holycrap aza stop being emotional ;~;
wordcount: 1005
tags: @[Abishia]

Messages In This Thread
the flame child & the homeless girl - by Abishia - 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 03-30-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 03-31-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 04-01-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: the flame child & the homeless girl - by Azarel - 04-02-2014, 06:43 AM